Quantcast

Taking new single speed suggestions...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So I sold my Kona Unit today...but still love the single speed world. Need suggestions for a new, preferably complete build. Anyone have a suggestion? Budget around $1200...26", front suspension...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Agree with MMcG. 29er is where it's at for SS.

For aluminum I'd look into the Soul Cycles Dillinger or the the Niner One Nine. For steel look into the Soma Juice, Salsa mariachi, Spot Honeybadger (belt drive). If you want something less XC oriented check out the Niner ROS Nine.

I'll vouch for the Dillinger. Been riding one for several years, rock solid, great handling bike. I know people that ride all the others I listed except the ROS 9. I hear zero complaints. The ROS9 looks badass tho :)

BTW if you are lucky maybe you can find a deal on a YETI Bigtop... I've always wanted that bike.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
On One Inbred for the win...just stuck a Durin on her for some cush. Going to set up with a bigger chain ring and a smaller real cog soon for more low end power...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Kona Explosif's are really nice.... they come with a 2x10 but they have the sliding dropouts to make for a sweet SS setup.
Beautiful Cromo frame, the ones I've sold in the shop look awesome.