Quantcast

Tales of Defeat

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
I'll bite on this one

I can say I've been very lucky when it comes to crashing at Diablo. I've walked away from more than a couple spills that should of put me in the hospital. But out of the many crashes two stick out in my mind.

most painful: On Alpine on the straight away with the three erosion logs after the second wall ride. I was cruising down hit the second log wrong and ended up go hyper speed OTB. I ended up in the woods and my bike ended up past the right hand berm (almost in Domboo). I landed in a way that it felt like I broke my collar bone (luckly I just "bruised the bone" whatever that means) and it put me out for a couple weeks. I still don't know why I crashed, but that fall made me go out and buy a upper body armor (RockGarden flak jacket= best $200 I've ever spent).

Most wicked: My infamous crash off of Anthem that gave me the nickname over my avatar. The whole story and pictures here http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188189

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I was owned 2 weeks ago...

I saw joey on the lift while on the Fireroan atop Alpine, I said to Joey, "Hey look at this" and raised both my hands..... my foot was on a loose rock, my footing slipped and i fell on my back....... must have been funny for Joey, but my Ego and hurt.... lol

I crash and it sucks when i crash....but crashing is part of DH'ing. at least we all live and still ride another day after them.....

nano5467

Chimp
Jun 20, 2007
Well i have my share of embarrasing and painful moments... 2 yrs back i broke my wrist on the 2nd wallride of alpine 1 week before my scheduled trip to whistler. Last year none to bad because i broke my wrist n collarbone on dj's so hardly any creek. This year so fr my nemesis had been the last 15ft of victory; opening day my front wheel just caught a root and sent me into a boulder, this weekend i was sent otb onto some rocks, but my most embarassing/funny hting this year had to of been on sunday. i was riding ripper for the first time this yr and did suprisingly well, but of course when i got to the log over the stream which i have done many times b4, i go on off balanced start to bai out but catch the bike, so i sit out and land ass first into the water. i just sat there soaking wet with people looking just like "f%ck aint that a bitch"

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
that happened on my hipp you should go to the doctor cause i think that means an organ is bruised or you just hit it so hard the nerves went numb, i could feel my hip for like a month and a half but it would hurt if you hit it. but if you scratch it you cant feel it

I did the same thing a few years ago racin moto, overjumped the triple at e-town, got bucked otb & landed hard on my hip, part of it was numb for a couple months afterwards.

sicktrick89

Chimp
Feb 25, 2006
this past week at the US Open I went down hard in the Toyota rock garden and broke my pelvis. Due to the intensity of the crash I was air lifted to Morristown Memorial Hospital and sent right into the trauma room. Theres actually some threads about it in this forum.

DHAlicia

Chimp
Apr 27, 2008
Bethel, CT
this past week at the US Open I went down hard in the Toyota rock garden and broke my pelvis. Due to the intensity of the crash I was air lifted to Morristown Memorial Hospital and sent right into the trauma room. Theres actually some threads about it in this forum.
That was a nasty crash to see. I think all the crowd was silent for a few minutes after you went down.....But on the good side, you nailed your line, and did it just like the best of the pro men, the thing that got you was that pointy rock on your landing spot. You rode that line awesome, just landed in the wrong place.

Hope you heal up fast.

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
i broke my Chainstays, i think by running super low air pressure on my shock, on that stupid small jump leading to the victory trail. (after the berm after dom's denial)

It was lame and pissed me off, but i was able to get it under warranty from Specialized.