Quantcast

Talk about perfect timing

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
Flying out to California today to do some snowboarding at Lake Tahoe. With the lack of epic conditions this will be interesting to say the least. Any recommendations of off mtn activities in the area, besides the typical heavy drinking.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Jay Peak in VT has had 81" of snow so far this year vs 22" for Heavenly. VT in general has had decent snow. Not like past years (400"+) but not bad considering that since the October blizzard we have had 0 snow here in Mass.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Yeah, my buddy that lives out there was telling me that CA is offically in a drought and the ski areas around Tahoe are hurting at the moment. The lack of snow has killed the attendance levels at the slopes but there are a lot of mountains that are giving major discounts on lift tickets.

I'll be out in Tahoe in March to do some skiing and hopefully there will be more snow by then.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
There is some sweet riding down the hill in Auburn.

Check out Culvert trail. For the price of a lift ticket you can probably pay someone from the LBS to be your shuttle b!tch all day lol.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Brothels and cocaine.

I was in Tahoe for Christmas. I'd rather not ride then ride on the stuff that the resorts have made.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Jay Peak in VT has had 81" of snow so far this year vs 22" for Heavenly. VT in general has had decent snow. Not like past years (400"+) but not bad considering that since the October blizzard we have had 0 snow here in Mass.
Really? Most other places in the region have at most half that.

Anyway, we've hardly had any snow here. About 3" on the ground. Was 3C/37F yesterday.
Quite a bit colder today - hope it's here to stay and I'm looking forward to a nice big snowstorm.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I work in a ski shop in the bay area, don't bother, I've spent as much time with Ptex as wax. Bring your DH bike. If you can find some monkeys to do it with you, you could shuttle aubern. You could even ride downieville if you're down for some hike a bike on some icy pavement and some sub freezing temps. Did it last week, I must say one of the most epic rides in a long while.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
If he goes that route I hope he already purchased a round trip ticket back home, he won't have any $ left after a vistit there.
Why do you think I advised the budget whore house?

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Really? Most other places in the region have at most half that.

Anyway, we've hardly had any snow here. About 3" on the ground. Was 3C/37F yesterday.
Quite a bit colder today - hope it's here to stay and I'm looking forward to a nice big snowstorm.
Pic of Burke from last week.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
Rode Northstar today for a half day, got a shop discount too. Had a good time regardless, some icy spots but I stuck to the edge of the trails where there was some snow to make some turns in