Quantcast

talk about riding two totally different bikes!

splat

Nam I am
well, MY car battery died on tuesday , simple fix, but I have just been too lazy to fix it . so I have been riding ( and loving every minute of it ) my bike to work. well the last 3 days the weather has been not so great , OK it has Sucked ! SO I have been riding my wet weather Bike, My Fixed gear . and I have been loving these rides , lots of fun.

well last night when I get home ( and amazinly it is not raining ) and MY son had a Little league game ( the field was a quagmare ). BUT!! my wife and daughter have to go off to a Girl scout sleep over , So My wife drops my son off at the field. now I have to get him home, it is 4 1/2 miles from home to the field.

well I Put my Fixie in the garage , and Grab the tandem , now talk about the felling of 2 totally different bike, going from a fixed gear to a tandem with out a stoker on it . that really felt wierd ! the funny part Is I kept riding like I was on my fixie , when I wanted to slow down I'd apply the brakes , but I would keep pedalling !

any way My son thought this was great!! even though half way home it started to pour , he loved it !

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Vey cool. I have never ridden a tandem, let alone by myself!

So now you need to build a fixie tandem and you'd be set. :thumb:

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
splat said:
well, MY car battery died on tuesday , simple fix, but I have just been too lazy to fix it . so I have been riding ( and loving every minute of it ) my bike to work. well the last 3 days the weather has been not so great , OK it has Sucked ! SO I have been riding my wet weather Bike, My Fixed gear . and I have been loving these rides , lots of fun.

well last night when I get home ( and amazinly it is not raining ) and MY son had a Little league game ( the field was a quagmare ). BUT!! my wife and daughter have to go off to a Girl scout sleep over , So My wife drops my son off at the field. now I have to get him home, it is 4 1/2 miles from home to the field.

well I Put my Fixie in the garage , and Grab the tandem , now talk about the felling of 2 totally different bike, going from a fixed gear to a tandem with out a stoker on it . that really felt wierd ! the funny part Is I kept riding like I was on my fixie , when I wanted to slow down I'd apply the brakes , but I would keep pedalling !

any way My son thought this was great!! even though half way home it started to pour , he loved it !
I need to add a beach cruiser tandem to my collection.