Quantcast

talk amongst yourselves...

Blown04GT

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I just threw up on my monitor, that thing is hideuos!!!

ahahahaa, man that is the SICKNESS!!!!!! Perfect combination of black and chrome. can we get some details?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
LTF? nice man. does it have removeable mounts? thought you were after the S3.5.

Last edited:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Yep, LTF. I've been running the stricker frame which is equally awesome. I've been tinkering with the ideas of running something with slightly shorter stays for a while now. The LTF takes it to the next level. It's strong and very light. Looking forward to riding it a bunch this summer - if time permits.

Build is:
21" LTF with fixed stays (wasn't real keen on the removable ones even though it's prolly an awesome set up)
Fit blade lite fork
impact hs
thomson stem
sandm race lite bars
long necks with some lock-ons I found laying around
profile cranks
ti spindle
profile bb
minis front and rear with DT spokes laced to 7kas
ody plastic peds
khe street 2.1 front and rear
710sl chain
sandm seat post clamp
homemade demo stump
aitken saddle

tips the scales at 21lbs even.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
gorgeous. I *almost* wanna see it completely murdered out, but I think the chrome is a nice touch.

Also, nice bike stand. I have a box of the same tubes

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
hahaha, yeah, I grabbed the first thing in sight to prop the bike up with.

Yeah, I also thought about all black but the polished/chrome stuff provides a nice contrast. I'm really stoked on the way it turned out.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
the ltf is bitchin. those bars hold up pretty well?

seat is a lil bit forward on the rails for my taste, but it ain't my bike. thomson post and it'll be dialed!

saw a couple thomson's floating around bg for 30-50 if you'r elooking to pick one up.

you won the best bike ever contest :]

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
thx dude. I have a thomson but I can't bring my self to cut it into a stump....maybe in a while I'll do it but the demo is fine for the time being.

bike rides ohhh so nice.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
The bike is sick, but man, 21lbs, thats nutz. Looking at your parts though everything is pretty solid. Tear it up!

Quick question. On the back is a mini race (3/8) right? I am thinking about the same wheel, basically. Did you use step washers to hold it in place and have you had issues with slipping? My T1 has 14mm drops, and with my old 3/8 setup I always used steps with a tensioner. Just trying to find out if that will be necessary.

Last edited:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
thanks T1!

as far as the mini, it's a female axle set up. It W-I-L-L slip if you don't remove the paint from where the hub comes in contact with the dropout. When I assembled the bike this past week, I forgot this step and I didn't even make it down the driveway without the axle slipping in the drops. Remove paint and it becomes a non-issue. I did this to my stricker and the axle never moved in 7 or 8 months.