Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Fanboy!;)
I only mentioned that, because the Kabuto IXA is a bit hard to get here.
Some words about fit, weight, durability etc. would go a longer way than who wears them ;)

I'm a long time D2 user because nothing fit my head nearly as well. I bought a D3 and the end of last season thinking it would be the same (and a better helmet for snowmobiling) but it's definitely a different shape. The foam in the back stabbed my head until I cut some of it out. If I kill it, I'll be looking at something else at the end of this year.

Those things any good? The D3 "would be moto certified if it weren't for the vents" deal pushed me towards them. I'd be looking for something similar.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Some words about fit, weight, durability etc. would go a longer way than who wears them
I know, I know. Just wanted to post it. I like it a lot. And it is a cheap option here in europe. Pricing from 250-350€ depending on carbon or non carbon and shop.

Features:

Nema/OGK PLAYER Helmet Carbon

OGK/Kabuto/NEMA

*Features:
-Fully detachable interior; inner pad, cheek pads and chin strap covers
-Extra cheek pads (thick)
-Spare visor
-Spare screw bolts

*Specifications: EN1078, Snell, CPCS

*Models: FRP with carbon & Carbon .

*Sizes: 3 different size shells:
-XS/S: 54-56cm
-M/L: 57-59cm
-XL/XXL: 60-63cm

*Weight:
-XS/S Carbon: 880g
-XS/S FRP:900g

-M/L Carbon: 930g
-M/L FRP: 970g

-XL/XXL Carbon:1030g
-XL/XXL FRP: 1050g

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Was finally able to pick up a D3 and I couldn't be happier. I love my D2 and it's still tops, but I was definitely surprised when I received it. There is a lot of thought and attention to detail. Kind of a shame really that the D2 never saw some of the improvements this helmet has. The removal and re-install of the padding is confidence inspiring and they adhere much better than the old "glue circle velcro".

Not sure if I like the snap button, but I've been using it to get more used to it's function. Still the fantastic thing with the strap that makes it easy to tug off without completely getting unstrapped.

Extra visor is a win and the venting in it is very thorough. Lots more jaw protection and you can tell it's pure quality. The included helmet bag is neat, but I'm a simple goon and I could pass on it if it saved money. :D

No complaints on sizing as I got the large. My only beef is that the little rubber mud guard under the chin of my D2 (which I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED) is gone on the D3.

Buddies have witnessed me suck a dirt clod down my lung while sessioning and it happened to me once in a race run that ruined my day, so I miss that little "flap". ;)

All in all..thrilled

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
no xxl though, some companies just suck...
The Nema version is available in XS-XXL. XS/S, M/L and XL/XXL have different size shells. You are correct though the Minaar replica was only available in M/L, and fit was a big issue.

gnarbar

Monkey
Oct 22, 2011
I really like the Kali Avatar2 carbon. Light, at 770g, decent venting, with awesome protections. Lots of little updates and detail. Extremely comfortable. Quality product for sure.

Disclosure: Kali pro-am rider

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
I loved it, its also quite lighter than the carbon d2 (Large Carbon d3<Medium/large Phobia d2), haven't weighted them but its noticeable as soon as you pick them up.