Quantcast

Talking about toilethumor .. the Ipotty.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
:D http://www.ipodlounge.com/ipodnews_comments.php?id=6836_0_7_0_C

iPod News Submit News | Archives »

Apple Japan announces, pulls iPotty dock
Early Friday morning, the Japanese web site of Apple Computer briefly hosted pages depicting an previously unannounced iPod peripheral called "iPotty" (JPY 104,970, approx. $1000), a beige-and-white electric toilet seat featuring an integrated iPod dock on its right side. Presumably intended only for the domestic Japanese marketplace, iPotty promises to deliver music playback and an "optional scent eliminator" to drown out embarrassing bathroom sounds and smells. Availability is listed at 1-3 weeks, indicating an imminent release.

The pages, which are no longer available online, described an Apple partnership with Japanese toilet seat manufacturer Toto, maker of Japan's popular Apricot-badged electric toilet seats. Apricot and other Toto seats include heating elements, bidets, motion sensors for automatic lid opening and closing, and in some cases remote controls and deodorizing systems. According to the pages, iPotty will feature an optional remote control to provide easy access to the system's bidet and other functionality.

Click Read More for a screenshot of the original Japanese main page, as well as a Babelfish-translated English version.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
narlus said:
that's gotta be a spoof. i like the "bidet" option.
I bet not, the Japanese have all sorts of crazy/nifty/useless stuff thought up(I can say that because I'm part Japanese). Heated seats, automatic openers, bidets, they're all real and totally awesome. God, I love random s**t that's totally usless -- it's so damn cool.

*Sorry if that made no sense... it's just about bedtime for me...*

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Bldr_Freerider said:
I bet not, the Japanese have all sorts of crazy/nifty/useless stuff thought up(I can say that because I'm part Japanese). Heated seats, automatic openers, bidets, they're all real and totally awesome. God, I love random s**t that's totally usless -- it's so damn cool.

*Sorry if that made no sense... it's just about bedtime for me...*
HEHEHE never mind... :p that's just the way it is. But most of the are just to down to earth to understand the use of al these gimmicks. Cause we aren;t use to it, or just don't need it.