Quantcast

Tandem DH bike 8"

NWS

Chimp
Sep 19, 2010
From what I heard, on the uphill sections their speed is similar to "single" bikes, but on flat and down sections they are MUCH faster than a normal bike (same aerodynamics with twice the power). Is that true?
They got passed a couple times in that video, so I'm guessing there's more to it than what you heard. :)

Killdozer

Chimp
Jul 21, 2009
Well, we do suck compared to the pros that we were practicing with and passed us low on the course. However, I assure you that we offered to let anyone and everyone go first at practice and those pros said "no you go first I'll give up a run to see this". We managed to only get caught by a few people in four practice runs in cat 1/pro. If you race cat2 or 3 you might be in our way in practice next year. How can anyone doubt a tandems speed potential after watching the Kamikaze video? That was a fast pro with the helmet cam, pedaling when he could.

Last edited:

Killdozer

Chimp
Jul 21, 2009
Another year has passed but thank goodness I got to hit the Kamikaze again. This was the last day of the season for the gondola, we threw our chain early in the rough but managed to keep our heads down and our momentum up.