Quantcast

Taneum Ridge-Riding All Week

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I hit Taneum Ridge a couple of times this week. The trail has dried out nicely. If you are not familiar with the trail it can be done as a loop ride, either taking the low road, which is still muddy or the regular road which adds 1.6 miles to you ride plus some up and down. A shuttle can also be done. The net elevation gain is 1400 feet including a nice little technical climb on the trail. This trail has a very nice flow with a lot of nice curves, especially the lower half.

Anyway I plan on hitting it a couple more times this week. The weather over here for the next week will be great. If your interested send me a pm and maybe we can hook up. :thumb:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I rode Taneum again today, all by myself of course. I must be getting better because I nailed the lower part in slightly less than 13 minutes. I dont know where Tres is except near Leavenworth. Maybe if you know the secret password you get to find out where it is from the guys at Das Radhaus. I talked to some Dhers at Rat Pac they said you could shuttle Freund Canyon, never new that, but they said you need four wheel drive. Anyway send me a PM and let me know where you will be, also if you need help with a shuttle either here or Taneum. I am totally an xcer but let me know Rat Pac is in my back yard.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Man i was sighing big long sighs as i passed by your backyard today.... had my bike too, i know i'm capable of the easy Fishooks Flats run on my bike by now... oh well have try to cross bikey paths with you soon for sure, snow is coming....

Borregokid said:
I rode Taneum again today, all by myself of course. I must be getting better because I nailed the lower part in slightly less than 13 minutes. I dont know where Tres is except near Leavenworth. Maybe if you know the secret password you get to find out where it is from the guys at Das Radhaus. I talked to some Dhers at Rat Pac they said you could shuttle Freund Canyon, never new that, but they said you need four wheel drive. Anyway send me a PM and let me know where you will be, also if you need help with a shuttle either here or Taneum. I am totally an xcer but let me know Rat Pac is in my back yard.
Hey,

We decided to bite the bullit and drive to Whistler for a day trip... Hopefully next week!

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Skookum said:
Man i was sighing big long sighs as i passed by your backyard today.... had my bike too, i know i'm capable of the easy Fishooks Flats run on my bike by now... oh well have try to cross bikey paths with you soon for sure, snow is coming....
As many times as I have been up there I have yet to run Fishhook Flats. I have ran the "low road" a couple of times and compared my times with the main road and found the low road might save three minutes. I have found the Taneum Ridge is pretty decent for some long sustained downhills where you can work on riding technique. Its a little rocky though, I tore a tire up this week. It would probably be a little hard on your leg. I am still looking for some more RM's on the trail. So far its Borneo, Rhino and Megan Black. :thumb:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Borregokid said:
I am still looking for some more RM's on the trail. So far its Borneo, Rhino and Megan Black. :thumb:
Yeah in all my overheated exhausted glory. :D

Is it dry and dusty in Cle Elum like it was in Winthrop last weekend?

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
RhinofromWA said:
Yeah in all my overheated exhausted glory. :D

Is it dry and dusty in Cle Elum like it was in Winthrop last weekend?

No, we must have had a lot more rain here than Winthrop. The trails are dry but not dusty like they were. In fact Taneum Ridge trail was packed down real nice by the motos, pretty close to perfect trail riding. Its nice how those wide tires can really pack the mud down smoothly. The only place that still has some mud is the "lowroad" out at Taneum. I am heading to Winthrop this weekend for the last xc race. :)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Borregokid said:
No, we must have had a lot more rain here than Winthrop. The trails are dry but not dusty like they were. In fact Taneum Ridge trail was packed down real nice by the motos, pretty close to perfect trail riding. Its nice how those wide tires can really pack the mud down smoothly. The only place that still has some mud is the "lowroad" out at Taneum. I am heading to Winthrop this weekend for the last xc race. :)
Have fun it is just more of the same....Winthrop trails. Dry dusty and not my cup-o-tea ;)

Tear it up,

Rhino