Quantcast

Tanglewood State Champs/ Fund Raiser for Jerry Gwynn

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
***CANCELED DUE TO TRACK CONDITIONS....TOO WET***

if you're not doing the beech mtn DH race come out and throw down. Mountain bikes are welcome!
If you guys don't know him, Jerry Gwynn is a long-time bmx/mtb racer and his oldest daughter has cervical cancer. She's 24 with two kids so any and all support for his family is much appreciated. Jerry's the kind of guy that'll give you his bike just so you can race.

Also, if you have access to a local shop in the NC/SC area, save this flyer, print off a few, and put 'em up. The more the merrier!

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
a little bumpage and update as the race date gets closer:

No NBL license required for the charity race. ALL proceeds will go to Jerry Gwynn's grandchildren in the form of a trust fund.
This is Jerry...super nice guy that is ALWAYS lending a hand. He's been in good spirits since the news of his daughters terminal cancer and still shows up to practices and races with a smile.

All of you triad locals should be there...heck, even if you only have a DH bike :D If you've never been it's a fun course with a fast rhythm section and big berms.

some track photos from last year

4 mountain bikes and 3 cruisers in this moto....lets see if we can give an even bigger showing from the big bike community!

so please, please, please..come out to the track on august 1st, throw in some cash to the trust fund pot and have an awesome night of stress free racing. :thumb: :cheers:

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
dang, I hadn't planned on going since I was thinking it was the beach race weekend but now thats its changed I forgot to take off work this saturday, I'll try and make it out