Quantcast

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Read yes, verstehen, nicht.
those will be my most used words at Eurobike next month, "nicht verstehen". Especially after I rattle off all the swear words I learned while working for Audi and they think I actually speak German

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
I'm Asian . . . of course I read German.
Right?!?!? When I was a kid and we thought hitler was gonna take over the world, we were encouraged to learn german so we could assimilate.

Hmmm, I might be remembering events before I was born mixed with Star Trek.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
To address the elephant peni in the room....i wish you hadn't shown me that. I am going to give the benefit of the doubt and say it's in the due diligence of being a magazine product tester. He did say my bike would be used as his test bed all year for various products.

But if you have problems with your bar ends hanging up on trees.......

I'm going riding with that guy somewhere in austria before eurobike. Maybe they won't be there anymore.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Right?!?!? When I was a kid and we thought hitler was gonna take over the world, we were encouraged to learn german so we could assimilate.

Hmmm, I might be remembering events before I was born mixed with Star Trek.
From among the axis of evil, it was the japanese who invaded my country. The germans were busy in europe and elsewhere.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
From among the axis of evil, it was the japanese who invaded my country. The germans were busy in europe and elsewhere.
It's probably safe to say we were more worried about the japanese than the germans in terms of invasion (pearl harbor). A lot of prep for submarines showing up off the coast of california.
outburst number 1.jpg
But again, a bit before my time. But I watched a LOT of Hogan's Heroes and McHale's Navy..

I grew up hiding under a wooden desk for nuke drills in case russia attacked.

We digress, i think I'll go riding.

Outburst 140 mm 29er. Right now, it's 66 ish HTA. still too steep for me. The works components angle set is going in soon, maybe about 64 oughtta do the trick.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Try it nao.

I own a bulldozer.

One thing I learned from Bulldozers.

You can do a lot more damage in a fraction of the time than it takes you to repair such damage.

This is a little more like a shovel and rake. I thought about putting it in the mill, but there's always the chance of a helicopter fork flying thru the shop....

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
I was going to say making space for a 3.0 29+ on a DVO Diamond...but they have a Diamond 110 Boost that is supposed to fit the 3.0.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Again, no.
Did you see that little green sticker on the back of the arch? The one that I nipped but largely left unmolested?

That's my green light.

What could go wrong?

Slackening HTA by 2 degrees with a works components headset. Unlike the CC angleset, they machine an angled bearing bore into the cup, with tapered flanges.

Headset press was awkward, so resorted to hammer, with plastic spacer.

Alignment is pretty damn key. I checked with the toptube and double checked max dia before marking HT.
works headset line up.jpg
works upper lineup.jpg
works upper on.jpg
works  lower cup hammer.jpg
works lower in.jpg

Attachments

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I only have a 1 degree offset, but my turner frame has an arrow on the bottom of the downtube so you can point the bottom cup to align it. Smart idea.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
I only have a 1 degree offset, but my turner frame has an arrow on the bottom of the downtube so you can point the bottom cup to align it. Smart idea.
that is a pretty nice idea, but I'd probably have to check it out of paranoia

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
currently at Eurobike. Show starts Monday.

I don't have a booth, so I'll just practive wheelies in the beer garden on my new Shinning

165 mm 29er, 63 deg HTA this thing is just silly.

Oh, new paint. Albino Lizard
white lizard 1.jpg

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
He is also under the impression that the show starts tomorrow.

So just to spite him, here is Nico showing off an electric Spicy:

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
He is also under the impression that the show starts tomorrow.

So just to spite him, here is Nico showing off an electric Spicy:
for me, the show starts when I get there....noonish

haha, skarf around the neck......mid july......shorts and tshirts...