Quantcast

Tar Freeride 6-12

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
Some people will be riding the playthings at Tar River this Sunday. Looks to be a good day. Y'all are welcome to come out and play.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
TM1 said:
Some people will be riding the playthings at Tar River this Sunday. Looks to be a good day. Y'all are welcome to come out and play.
I *might* come out there. not too sure yet. Who else is going?

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
Zach, 2 piece and Hound posted they would be doing Mebane on Sat and Tar on Sunday. Farris and some others may be coming too.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i might be able to swing it, i'd have a better chance of getting approval from the wiff if it went after 1pm. what time do most folks show up out there? i'd probably get there around 3-ish if i can come.

anybody from this area wanna ride with? zach? mike?.....bueller?

jody going?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
manimal said:
i might be able to swing it, i'd have a better chance of getting approval from the wiff if it went after 1pm. what time do most folks show up out there? i'd probably get there around 3-ish if i can come.

anybody from this area wanna ride with? zach? mike?.....bueller?

jody going?
I'm on the fence. Zach isn't going. Jody is going. A bunch of Triangle folks are going. Check out www.trianglemtb.com and look in the freeride/dh forum to see the thread about it.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
motomike said:
I'm on the fence.

isn't that uncomfortable? i always knew there was something weird about you since the day i saw you all dressed up in lycra :D

i should be able to make it on sunday but i'd like to bring the boy. i remember it taking a little while to get to the stunts from the parking lot and it's really hard with 16" wheels and short legs. is the newer stuff near the main stunt area? if it is i'll bring him, if not, i think it'll be to difficult for him to keep up

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
What's the mountains got that Tar hasn't?. ;) ....(heh heh)....Don't answer that.

More like, why do you wanna do yourself in on a Pisgah Death March when you can mame yourself in the sweltering heat at Tar River.

Manimal, Much has changed at Tar since you were here. Several new stunts in the Playground. I've opened up a whole new (and different) Phase II this year, with a new entrance that connects everthing to the trailhead. I think they took you around the long way in when you were here. Killer Hill only had the single DH run and no Mega or singletrack climb out.

I think Noah will have a blast on some of the new stuff; like the drop in, the table top, berms and the little gaps

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
<---- Zach at work logge in on Mikes name cause im to lazy to log mine in. I have to look at some houses out in Highpoint so my plans to go got foiled.