Quantcast

Tar River!

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
...just got back from Tar River - HUGE STUFF!!! Well worth the trip! I look forward to going back. Bryan has built some incredible stuff out there for sure. New 20' creek gap rocks...and "KILLER" was ...KILLER!!!

Anybody having anything negative to say about that place has probably not been, or there just ticked because they chickened out of the stunts! It's a blast!

Mad props to Zach on throwing serious style...and for taunting me...I mean inspiring me to try that stuff :thumb:

danW

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
danW said:
...just got back from Tar River - HUGE STUFF!!! Well worth the trip! I look forward to going back. Bryan has built some incredible stuff out there for sure. New 20' creek gap rocks...and "KILLER" was ...KILLER!!!

Anybody having anything negative to say about that place has probably not been, or there just ticked because they chickened out of the stunts! It's a blast!

Mad props to Zach on throwing serious style...and for taunting me...I mean inspiring me to try that stuff :thumb:

danW

you do realize its tatamount to a cardinal sin to make a post such as this and NOT HAVE PICS

:THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS: :nuts:

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
No i didnt do the death jump. i walked up and thought to my self hmmm IF i was gonna actually attempt it i think id like to have my fullface and chest protector at least but still thats freakin bigger then it looked when we framed it.

Oh and we didnt have pics cause my friend dennis left the damn camera in my truck...

We had a blast tho no wrecks so was a fun day.

I knew DanW could do the stuff we did glad we could head up there.

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
I would like to say that I was very impressed with how well Zach and Dan did on the new creek gap. (BTW it is NOT the creek gap on the Main Trails that peeps hit in Aug. But, a new one out on the river. Steep DH to a small kicker and 20' to flat landing.) They got the cherry on that virgin jump. And, cleaned it like it was nothin'. Wish we'd gotten pics.

I'll be finishing up the bridge and "S" berm in the morning at the older creek gap. So, if'n anybodys got a hankerin' to hit the BIG ski launch there will be an alternate line across the creek. And, my camera is working.

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
Thought I'd give folks a pic of the Creek Gap, since they want pics.

That's Wes hitting it after the new lander went in. It made it a 20' step up. Zach and Dan were shredding it.

Attachments

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
A couple shot from the lip of the ski launch.

It's a 25' gap with a 12' step down to the mound Connor is standing on. The hill drops off another 18' and goes into the Creek Gap or the new bridge and "S" berms.

Zach did a great tabletop off the mound drop (from the line coming in below and to the right of the ski launch). That one should have been the pic of the day when they were out here.

Attachments