Quantcast

tar sunday aug 28

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
just read on the triangle site that brian at tar is plannin a pork shoulder on the grill for this sunday and hopeing to get peeps to hit the new stuff. who be going?

THIS IS ZACH btw :p i be so lazy

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
It's gonna take more than BBQ to get me anywhere near that new jump
Me thinks me smells a stinkin attitude.
Don't go gettin the idea this is some kinda bribe or something. Nobody has to come out here and no one is forceing anyone to jump something they don't want to or probably shouldn't be on.

I happen to like to eat and my boys and I can finish off a shoulder by ourselves without much trouble.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
ridetoofast said:
how far from norfolk is this place...i sooooo wanna hit that jump :drool: :drool: :drool:

Norfolk Virginia? Well Tar River is an hour from Raleigh and 3 hours from Charlotte if that gives you an estimate.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
TM1 said:
Me thinks me smells a stinkin attitude.
Don't go gettin the idea this is some kinda bribe or something. Nobody has to come out here and no one is forceing anyone to jump something they don't want to or probably shouldn't be on.

I happen to like to eat and my boys and I can finish off a shoulder by ourselves without much trouble.
Whoa. You took that too seriously. I know your not trying to bribe anybody, and I appreciate your hospitality, and your trails, I was just joking around. I appologize

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
*"And it won't be untill two hands on either side of the big pond can push the same button at the same time" "OK, you boys fight it out amongst yourselves"

"Where are we now?" "We're on the other side"

* "Don't crush that Drawf, Hand Me the Pliers" (Now, Who remembers that one?)

"Hold it right there!!" "Glad to, Now I think I'll hold it over here."

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Heh with gas prices jacked like they are it would cost me 120 bucks just to head to tar right now, def aint happening for me before i go to hawaii, gotta save cash.... and try to fit my bike into my Specialized Duffle bag and hope they think its normal luggage. :)

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
I hear ya. I have canceled my trip Tenn this weekend because of the gas shortage. So, TAR will be open this weekend.

I think that $120 may be a bit of an exageration though. I think it's about 80 miles to the heart of Greensboro from Tar. Round trip of 160 miles, assuming 20 miles to a gallon @ $3/gal is $24. Even stretching it, 200 miles at 10 MPG is $60.

Think carpooling with people who drive neons like me.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
TM1 said:
I

I think that $120 may be a bit of an exageration though.

you're forgetting one thing.......a normal car carrying the average person would cost about $60-80....but if zach comes then it is a normal car carrying a troll, so the cost automatically doubles :D ;) :dancing:

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
heh no extra cost for the troll, BUT i do have a Chevy 1500 and thats no normal car. i just put 30 bucks of gas in it and barely got 1/4 tank, 30 x 4 to fill it up at yesterdays prices is 120, today they went up. granted both trips have only took a little over 1/2 a tank round trip i still gotta have gas to go to work.

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
BUT i do have a Chevy 1500 and thats no normal car. i just put 30 bucks of gas in it and barely got 1/4 tank, 30 x 4 to fill it up at yesterdays prices is 120, today they went up. granted both trips have only took a little over 1/2 a tank round trip
See, my math ain't so bad. Comes in handy figurein' out building things too.

I guess Zach's math goes like this; 1500 x $120 / 3 = $$$ + ???? :confused:
or Who's willing to carry Zach up here to HIt the Big'un.