Quantcast

Tara Llanes Interview QUESTIONS

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
Hey guys,

I'm goin up to visit Tara next week to catch up with her. While i'm there, i'm gonna try & do a little interview, shoot some photo & maybe try & shoot a little video.

We all know what happened to Tara, & there's a good amount of info out there about what happened. What i'm going to concentrate on is her life after the accident. what's goin on in her life now & what her plans are for the future. There's some really interesting & exciting info that i've already been told about (including the fact that SHIMANO & GIANT are renewing her contract & that JEEP is giving her a modified Liberty (i think that's the model) to help her out! great stuff!!! & great people!)

I've got a list of ideas & questions.. but i just wanted to see if there's anything you guys would like to know or ask.

Thanks!

Dylan

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
For Tara:

What advice would you have for someone else whose had such an injury?

What have you been doing to stay so positive?

How are you setting goals for yourself? Are you going micro or macro?

Then do tell her she is awesome, and give her a high five.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
1st: give her love from ridemonkey.

I'd like to know what she thinks about stem cell treatment as a treatment for spinal injuries and paralysis, and if she could, would she be a voice for building support for govt. funding for research and approval for human treatment. I believe she could be a very compelling person to speak on the subject.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
1st: give her love from ridemonkey.

I'd like to know what she thinks about stem cell treatment as a treatment for spinal injuries and paralysis, and if she could, would she be a voice for building support for govt. funding for research and approval for human treatment. I believe she could be a very compelling person to speak on the subject.
this is a very good question; and I'll second your first request.

My Q:

-After the accident, what was the hardest emotional / mental obstacle to overcome? ( I have a cousin who raced moto-x who is now a quadriplegic, and having learned from him and that ordeal, its different for every person)

other than that, bikenweed got a lot of the questions I came up with covered.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Can she elaborate on her dealings with insurance? If so . . . .

*Did she have her own policy; was she part of a group policy; did she have insurance through a sponsor/employer relationship?

*Any suggestions on the types of insurance that MTBr's (regardless of being Pro or Amateur) should have to deal with these kind of long term injuries?