Quantcast

Tara Llanes Interview Questions

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
Hey guys,

I'm goin up to visit Tara next week to catch up with her. While i'm there, i'm gonna try & do a little interview, shoot some photo & maybe try & shoot a little video.

We all know what happened to Tara, & there's a good amount of info out there about what happened. What i'm going to concentrate on is her life after the accident. what's goin on in her life now & what her plans are for the future. There's some really interesting & exciting info that i've already been told about (including the fact that SHIMANO & GIANT are renewing her contract & that JEEP is giving her a modified Liberty (i think that's the model) to help her out! great stuff!!! & great people!)

I've got a list of ideas & questions.. but i just wanted to see if there's anything you guys would like to know or ask.

Thanks!

Dylan

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
This may come off as insensitive, as i don't know the extent of the paralysis, but you might broach the subject of wheelchair competition as a future goal?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Excellent idea Dylan! I am looking forward to seeing the pics & your Q&A. I was SO excited to see the information about Jeep, Giant & Shimano...really makes me proud that they are standing by her! She really is an amazing spokesperson for them and I am personally glad to see their support.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Here's my question (as a med student who needs a research topic): Tara, do you think there is any sort of protective gear that could've at least reduced the severity of your injuries? Keep up the great work, best of luck to you, and you'll be in our prayers!

Somebody get that girl one of those quad bike thingys!!!!!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Hey Jeremiah I don't have so much as a question but a recommendation. Tell her if she gets the chance to see a movie called Peaceful Warrior....it has helped myself as well as a few friends of mine who have had life changing injuries...D

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Here's my question (as a med student who needs a research topic): Tara, do you think there is any sort of protective gear that could've at least reduced the severity of your injuries? Keep up the great work, best of luck to you, and you'll be in our prayers!

Somebody get that girl one of those quad bike thingys!!!!!
ie: lebatt braces

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Here's my question (as a med student who needs a research topic): Tara, do you think there is any sort of protective gear that could've at least reduced the severity of your injuries? !
Ditto. Especially with all the hype around the Leatt braces.

What keeps her motivated day to day? What is a typical day like now that she is in recovery mode? What kind of goals has she set for herself, short term and long term? Does she have any plans regarding advocacy for persons afflicted with such injuries?

Also, I'm so happy to hear that Giant and Shimano are renewing her contracts. Says a lot about a company when they will continue to support an injured rider. Also props to Jeep. I heard about the car they got her, and had all the mods done she can still get around on her own. I'm glad there's still a heart in mountain bike racing.