Quantcast

Tara Llanes on ACCESS HOLLYWOOD TONIGHT!

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
This was posted over in the "Tara Llanes Road to Recovery" topic in the DH forum (thanks jvnixon)... but i know not everyone always looks in there, so i figured it'd be good to post it here in the open as well

not sure what time/channel it's on across the country, but here on the pacific coast, it should be on at 7:30pm

check your time/channel here...
http://www.accesshollywood.com/insid.../wheretowatch/

for more info...

www.pinnedmtb.com/tara_accesshollywood.htm

http://declinemagazine.com/Nucleus/COMMUNITY.php?itemid=1511

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
My only complaint is that, at the end, they tell you to visit their site instead of Tara's to find out how to help. I think that was a crappy attempt for hits.

Otherwise, I think it was well done and it's good to see this kind of coverage.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
You know what. she is going to be better. It might be 6 months from now or a year from now but she will make herself ride again.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
You know what. she is going to be better. It might be 6 months from now or a year from now but she will make herself ride again.
I agree. From what I saw, she's an amazing woman and will pull through the steps ahead. It may take months and years, but she has so much passion that, no matter what, she'll be on top.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I enjoyed the Tara segment. It was a real tear jerker. The scary part of that story is that it could be any one of us. :(

The rest of that show was so utterly moronic though. They should focus more on Tara-like stories and less on which celebrities may have had lip injections.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
I enjoyed the Tara segment. It was a real tear jerker. The scary part of that story is that it could be any one of us. :(

The rest of that show was so utterly moronic though. They should focus more on Tara-like stories and less on which celebrities may have had lip injections.
That's the first time I've watched 'Access Hollywood' more than flipping the channel. What drivel.

A point someone on another board brought up: why aren't her sponsors able to take care of all of this? Giant and Maxxis got great coverage in the 'Access' short. Bieng such big companies, they should be able to foot a large part of the bill considering what they've made from her. I don't believe she should need a fund if her sponsors would be responsible.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
That's the first time I've watched 'Access Hollywood' more than flipping the channel. What drivel.

A point someone on another board brought up: why aren't her sponsors able to take care of all of this? Giant and Maxxis got great coverage in the 'Access' short. Bieng such big companies, they should be able to foot a large part of the bill considering what they've made from her. I don't believe she should need a fund if her sponsors would be responsible.
From what I have heard she is still getting money from Giant and a few other sponsors. I think you are seriously underestimating the cost of rehabbing an injury of that extent.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
From what I have heard she is still getting money from Giant and a few other sponsors. I think you are seriously underestimating the cost of rehabbing an injury of that extent.
I'm fully aware of the costs associated. They're gargantuan compared to even some of the major procedures. I also think that the sponsors shouldn't think twice about supporting her 100% financially (and I have donated, yes).

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
You know, I dont know much about this chick and I didnt watch this show, but how can it be that a professional athlete in a sport such as this wouldnt have significant enough coverage specifically for a disaster such as this?

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
You know, I dont know much about this chick and I didnt watch this show, but how can it be that a professional athlete in a sport such as this wouldnt have significant enough coverage specifically for a disaster such as this?
That was my first thought but I'm sure that, often, coverage is very limited when it comes to the rehabilitation aspect of such injuries. Surgery and in patient stuff will be, most likely, covered for the most part. The months/years of visiting a variety of practitioners as well as equipment and whatnot really piles up. I remember having to pay out of pocket for rehab on my knees and shoulder.