Quantcast

Taril Damage due to too much rain

• Last couple of days to enter the Ridemonkey Secret Santa!

Come exchange gifts with other monkeys! From beer, to light-up bike nuts, to custom machined holiday decorations, there's something for everyone. To participate, make sure you send your email by Moday, December 2nd.
    Click here for details and to learn how to participate.

splat

Nam I am
As some of you have herd ( and the ones who live up here know ) about the rain issues we ahve had up here. one of our trail systems is atthe Blackstone canal , also know as Plumbers crack . well the blackstone river over flowed Big time last week.
so Today On my way home from single tary I stopped by Plumbers crack and walked down the trail. and it was evident that the water Not only over flowed , but over flowed by over 3 feet!!! and there was some damae , butthe pictures just don't do it justice.

but here a re a couple that show some of the damage that the camera can pick up .

This one is amazing an a big problem. see that Bridge on the other side of the river, it used to be crossing the fater in the foreaound, and it is a real shame they just rebuilt that bridge about 2 months ago. Hope they can Pull it back.

and here is a Piece of trail that the river claimed some of.

and I really hope these trails can recover, I'm sure they will but it will take tinme. the big problem is that river is still very high and they are predicting 2 inches of rain for tommorow, i hope it can handle it.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Time to re-route. There is plenty of singletrack, especially ones close to a river, that get gobbled up by water around here. There's not too much you can do but reroute.

splat

Nam I am
Skookum said:
Time to re-route. There is plenty of singletrack, especially ones close to a river, that get gobbled up by water around here. There's not too much you can do but reroute.
that section a re-route is not possible. the river is on one side of the trail and the canal is on the other , the trail is actually the old Mule path

splat

Nam I am
johnbryanpeters said:
How's Nam holding up? I hope to be down that way around Thanksgiving...
Quite well actually ! a few parts are under water ,but for the most part it drains very well.

Not sure what the Thanksgiving plans are . I think THursday up in NH , friday -- FOMBA - turkey Burner , hope to be home Sat and Sun.