Quantcast

Taril Damage due to too much rain

splat

Nam I am
As some of you have herd ( and the ones who live up here know ) about the rain issues we ahve had up here. one of our trail systems is atthe Blackstone canal , also know as Plumbers crack . well the blackstone river over flowed Big time last week.
so Today On my way home from single tary I stopped by Plumbers crack and walked down the trail. and it was evident that the water Not only over flowed , but over flowed by over 3 feet!!! and there was some damae , butthe pictures just don't do it justice.

but here a re a couple that show some of the damage that the camera can pick up .

This one is amazing an a big problem. see that Bridge on the other side of the river, it used to be crossing the fater in the foreaound, and it is a real shame they just rebuilt that bridge about 2 months ago. Hope they can Pull it back.

and here is a Piece of trail that the river claimed some of.

and I really hope these trails can recover, I'm sure they will but it will take tinme. the big problem is that river is still very high and they are predicting 2 inches of rain for tommorow, i hope it can handle it.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Time to re-route. There is plenty of singletrack, especially ones close to a river, that get gobbled up by water around here. There's not too much you can do but reroute.

splat

Nam I am
Skookum said:
Time to re-route. There is plenty of singletrack, especially ones close to a river, that get gobbled up by water around here. There's not too much you can do but reroute.
that section a re-route is not possible. the river is on one side of the trail and the canal is on the other , the trail is actually the old Mule path

splat

Nam I am
johnbryanpeters said:
How's Nam holding up? I hope to be down that way around Thanksgiving...
Quite well actually ! a few parts are under water ,but for the most part it drains very well.

Not sure what the Thanksgiving plans are . I think THursday up in NH , friday -- FOMBA - turkey Burner , hope to be home Sat and Sun.