Quantcast

Tattoo - Just thought I would share...

Raacerx

Monkey
Sitting here bored, cold, and alone on a Sunday in the mountains, so thought I would share my artwork i just got Thursday. The bottom half goes on in 2 weeks with the bike and roots. The bike in the picture below is NOT BEING USED, LOL. My buddy was not very good at drawing the DH bike. Its been redrawn, with the Glory instead. The bike will lay against the tree instead of being part of it. Roots will go into the lower back. The bike looks awesome in the new drawing, looks more like a Sunday.

Art

Before

During (Pic thanks to Total Heckler)

During (Pic thanks to Total Heckler)

After

The Art

The bike (it won't say Giant in the tattoo and there is no Glory Hole, so it pretty much looks like a Sunday.

Last edited:

Raacerx

Monkey
Uh... what are going to do when the suspension design becomes discredited?

You may want to consider boobies instead...
suspension designs might change, but the overall shape and components don't. I don't love DW or Maestro. I dont love FSR or Single Pivot either. So I just decided to pick the bike that I own. There won't be any labels on the bike. its just a "downhill bike". I can guarantee you that in 15 years, there will be no change in downhill bikes. sure, there might be something thats called something new, but the basic shape, the basic suspension design, it hasn't changed since suspension bikes became popular 10 years ago. Sure, we have VPP and DW Link and crap like that, but who gives a ****. Its a downhill bike... everyone knows that. In 10 years the design might be called the FU-Link, but it still won't be more then a few millimeters different then what we have today. Who cares if a pivot is placed an inch to the left or right.

This will also be a representation of the time period of when bikes were the most important to me. i wont be racing downhill when I am 50, but i will still be damn proud that I did race it when i was younger.

Last edited:

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
suspension designs might change, but the overall shape and components don't. I don't love DW or Maestro. I dont love FSR or Single Pivot either. So I just decided to pick the bike that I own. There won't be any labels on the bike. its just a "downhill bike". I can guarantee you that in 15 years, there will be no change in downhill bikes. sure, there might be something thats called something new, but the basic shape, the basic suspension design, it hasn't changed since suspension bikes became popular 10 years ago. Sure, we have VPP and DW Link and crap like that, but who gives a ****. Its a downhill bike... everyone knows that. In 10 years the design might be called the FU-Link, but it still won't be more then a few millimeters different then what we have today. Who cares if a pivot is placed an inch to the left or right.

This will also be a representation of the time period of when bikes were the most important to me. i wont be racing downhill when I am 50, but i will still be damn proud that I did race it when i was younger.
yeah, whatever...

but reconsider tattooing a girl's name onto your back.

Raacerx

Monkey
yeah, whatever...

but reconsider tattooing a girl's name onto your back.
i go through girlfriends faster then bikes... although i know your being sarcastic...

downhill bike was like the 2nd bike i ever owned, over 11 years ago. My Super 8 back then looks the exact same as the Giant (or any other DH bike) does today. And in another 12 years, downhill bikes will still have 26" wheels, they will still have 8" of suspension, they will still have disc brakes, and cranks, and pedals, and rear shocks. They will still be slack angle with long wheelbases. And I will still be riding them. And if I am not, I will be damn proud that I did.

i'll bet my back on that one...

PS. Just cause you guys are so old that your first mountain bike was a Bridgestone, doesn't mean my choice of bike is a bad one. Its a DH bike, not a Giant Glory. :lighten: :happydance:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
bets on how long it takes for them to breakup? damn dude this is one tat you will regret. one day you will hate bicycles, dump ur chick, and have to explain why your dumber then me.

Raacerx

Monkey
bets on how long it takes for them to breakup? damn dude this is one tat you will regret. one day you will hate bicycles, dump ur chick, and have to explain why your dumber then me.
i think you misread my response? "my girlfriend" was in complete sarcasm, as my previous comment above that represents as well. I would never tattoo a girlfriends name onto me. As I said, I go through gf's faster then bikes. 18 months seems to be my limit. :cupidarrow: Zoe is the name of my dead cat, who I had through high school and a lot of rough times. Her and my bike kept me going, so they will be important things to me for the rest of my life. She is buried out amongst my local trails.

oh, and i wont ever hate bikes. even if i stop riding much, they have made me who I am.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the tree or the bike, I'm just saying there is still plenty of time to ink the backside of a hot blond with her legs & arms wrapped around the the trunk of the tree. :)

Raacerx

Monkey
hahaha yeah, it is my first tattoo. in faact ive never even liked tattoos or had any interest in one until I tore my MCL couple years ago. I realized how important cycling was in my life and that it is something i will have with my forever; even if i stop riding.

but true words: go big or go home. i dont like dabbling around or just barely sticking my feet in the water. I just close my eyes, never regret my decisions, and have as much fun as I can while doing so. although im sure its too soon to say so, as my friends tell me, but i don't plan on getting any more. i got this for myself, not for anyone else.

Oh, and there will always be room for boobies. besides, its only my back. Im only covering like 10% of my surface area. I still got 90% left for boobs! LOL

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
hahaha yeah, it is my first tattoo. in faact ive never even liked tattoos or had any interest in one until I tore my MCL couple years ago. I realized how important cycling was in my life and that it is something i will have with my forever; even if i stop riding.

but true words: go big or go home. i dont like dabbling around or just barely sticking my feet in the water. I just close my eyes, never regret my decisions, and have as much fun as I can while doing so. although im sure its too soon to say so, as my friends tell me, but i don't plan on getting any more. i got this for myself, not for anyone else.

Oh, and there will always be room for boobies. besides, its only my back. Im only covering like 10% of my surface area. I still got 90% left for boobs! LOL
I'm pretty stupid, but I like being grown up. :clue:

Raacerx

Monkey
YOU SUCK!!!!!:plthumbsdown: ;););)

My first bike was a 1991 Bridgestone MB1, back in '91:cheers:

Cool artwork, but call me old fashion. I prefer the before pic.:biggrin:
teehehe. my dads first mountain bike was a bridgestone so I couldn't resist that little quip. especially since he got me into riding.

that being said, i honestly just wanted to show people the tat cause its bike related and I am excited (and I am bored out of my mind). i didnt expect a buncha oldies to start hating :biggrin::biggrin:. but i guess i asked for it posting here, right? i dont take anything personally, so flame away.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
your first bike was a top-of-the-line model of a respected brand?

:greedy:
Well of course:biggrin: Truth be told, a very good friend of mine owned a shop in San Jose, CA up until the early 90's so I was able to pick it up at cost. I think I paid about $900.00 at the time then added some Rock Shox Mag 20's when they first came out.:cheers:
A whooping 2" of travel!!!!!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Looks awesome semi-underway man! The pictures Flip did of the Giant looked awesome. MAJOR PROPS to Eights and Aces Tattoo in Santa Cruz CA. Check my website in my signature for a link to their site. Glad I got a couple shots for you.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
how old do i need to be before i am not called a kid anymore by the fogies? :brows: :brows: :brows:

I guess I do look young... but i know jealousy when i see it. :banana: :banana: :banana: lol

It's not so much a number as it is when you have enough " wisdom " to not make ridiculous statements predicting 15 years into the future of suspension designs.

And as far as jealousy, you're damn right. A lot of us started riding and racing before there was front suspension let alone DH bikes and bike parks. The level of technical sophistication and trail diversity that new riders get to start out on is way beyond where it all started from.

Raacerx

Monkey
i hope everyone understands I am being sarcastic. i dont expect anyone to be jealous of me lol. to be honest, i think it'd be way cooler to be there at the start of mtb racing and stuff then where its at now...

Oh, and seriously though, i would argue to the teeth that nothing substantial will change for downhill bikes anysoon. but seriously, come on... so we start using more exotic materials, stuff gets lighter, maybe we move to less suspension again or maybe we go back to 10" travel and bender style... Like what is going to change, from the 2 wheel basic configuration, minus putting a motor on it? It has cranks, it has brakes, it has suspension front and rear... Thats a downhill bike. Nothing will change from that in 10 years or 15 years. I am by no means... arguing that the DW Link or anything like that will still be here. God I hope there is something better by then... What I am saying is, who the **** cares what suspension design is tattooed on my back? Its a downhill bike. Not a Giant with Maestro, or an Iron Horse with DW. Its a Downhill Bike, with a Boxxer. Cause Boxxers are the ****, And ive ridden them since 99 and hold a special place for em lol. the same basic shape of slack head and seat angle, 26" wheels, suspension front and rear, and disc brakes, is not going to change anytime soon. It may get better or something but the same basic shape hasn't really changed much from a Bridgestone either, wouldn't you agree? There is still a triangle, still the same basic shape, its just a little more moto'ed out.

Eights and Aces did the work. There are a couple more sessions to go. Be done probably end of January.

Last edited:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I think it's pretty sweet. If it is what YOU want, who the heck cares what other people think.

As even if bikes turn into something no one here ever thought possible that does not resemble a current downhill bike, it doesn't matter. Tattoo's are all about what is going on in your life NOW. When you are 50, you'll look back at it and think something, what that is, no one knows, but it will remind you of your life right now.