Quantcast

tattoo question

nato

Monkey
Dec 27, 2005
Chicago
Kevin said:
Good luck with that, I have one in the same place.
HURTS LIKE ALL HELL :rofl:
Yea I hear its gonna hurt and I can imagine but how bad can it really hurt?!? I mean is there any equivalent pain that I can cause upon myself to simulate what its going to feel like? I've pinched myself in the area untill I've bled and I didn't think it was all that bad... worse? :hot:

Nate

r3y35

Chimp
Jul 15, 2004
the Inbred said:
if it's any comfort dustin, most of the upper management at (insert cable company name here) have tats on their lower forearms and calfs. if the place you want to work at is not going to look past your outer appearence, why the hell would you want to work there? it would be the same thing as not hiring someone because they had a facial deformity or something like that. matter of fact, i didn't get my tattoo until after working here because most of my supervisors have tattoos. (mind you i did get it on my lower neck, so i can hide it if i want to. so that sort of makes me a chicken. actually i am just waiting to get the other 400 bucks to finish off my back and shoulders.)

but that last post with the UV ink looks really bad ass. you actually gave me something to think about for my forearms/hand.

r3y35

Chimp
Jul 15, 2004
hiding.

actually. i have a full plate. i am trying to finish up school and working at grande at night/weekends to pay the bills. (pays good too). but i ride everything now. (fixie [we've had some alley cats here in san marcos, you should come down and check'em out], 4x, trails and i'm putting finishing touches on my p.street with the atomlabs you sold me last year.) i make time to ride, but it's at weird hours, so i usually ride bymyself, except for the alleycats. i get mysteriously sick on those days.

you should just get the tattoo. it's not a youth thing. me and my wife are 34 and we got ours for valentines day. mine on my neck and her's on the top of her foot. (i think we hate ourselves) anyway. i am taking a test next week for a lead position at my job and my wife works at a school and no one has given us ****.

just do it.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
nato said:
Yea I hear its gonna hurt and I can imagine but how bad can it really hurt?!? I mean is there any equivalent pain that I can cause upon myself to simulate what its going to feel like? I've pinched myself in the area untill I've bled and I didn't think it was all that bad... worse? :hot:

Nate
Try slamming your balls in car door. That's what it feels like.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Get it somewhere you will naturally cover with work-attire. My tat's are only visible if I wear short shirts, or low pants - very rare around employers...

However, that said, a point to consider depending on the artwork in mind...granted, this won't work for everyone, but I don't believe employers should or have a right to discriminate against body-art unless it directly offends something. An employer who does discriminate perhaps is not one to persue.

I'm very very allergic to most metals. As I age, my allergies are getting worse. A plastic or glass necklas with a tiny metal clasp will create a thumb sized, painful hive on the back of my neck. Steve and I have two options for us when we finally give in to our parents and do a formal "tying" of the knot -
1) Titanium, plain rings - but I have to test it first. I own nothing titanium and I don't know that I won't still react to it after a peiod of time.
2) Custom designed, matching tattoos - we would each get one on the back of our wrists. No hiding that from any employer - which was my point, I wouldn't "Want" to hide such a tattoo, and if an employer chose to discriminate against me for having one, then I wouldn't want to work for said idiot.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
nato said:

Nate
Over the bone I thought it felt like someone was taking pencil eraser's and burning my skin with them...it doesn't hurt at first, but the longer that little needle works on you, the more it burns and burns. :) Entertain yourself while it's being done and watch someone else getting their tats worked on - it's a great distraction from your own ouches.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
nato said:

Nate
Well its not a pain that you cant handle or anything but I dont think Ive ever experianced something that hurt more.
Imagine a dentist drawing a picture on your side with his drill...
Not really an equivalent but that was my first thought about it.
The side is supposed to be one of the more painfull places though but the pain stopts immediatly when they take the needle of.
How big is it gonna be?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Kevin said:
Well its not a pain that you cant handle or anything but I dont think Ive ever experianced something that hurt more.
The side is supposed to be one of the more painfull places though but the pain stopts immediatly when they take the needle of.
How big is it gonna be?
don't let anyone try to BS you and tell you it doesn't hurt!!! it does no matter where it is... However there isn't a person that I know that cant endure getting one... I mean I have seen some pretty weak a$$ people out there with tattoos. just remember the pain is temp. the tat is permanent... make your descision wisely... do not fear the pain, rather fear the fact that a tattoo that you are sooooo stoked about getting right now... may not be representing what you want to rep. in 15-20yrs. and that goes for the placement also!!! dont set yourself up for regrets... I like tattoos have a bunch and have a bunch more in the planning stages... I do have one on my lower arm that I regret doing... don't do that to yourself!!!

nato

Monkey
Dec 27, 2005
Chicago
Kevin said:
How big is it gonna be?
Yea, the one type of pain that I figured would be the worst and that I cant really prepare for is the phsycilogical part of continuous etching into the skin. My tat is going to be a simplistic design looking a whole lot like a badge that you would find on a BDU Army field jacket. It wont be big but its going to be bold black so I'm expecting even more pain now.

nato

Monkey
Dec 27, 2005
Chicago
brungeman said:
don't let anyone try to BS you and tell you it doesn't hurt!!! it does no matter where it is... However there isn't a person that I know that cant endure getting one... I mean I have seen some pretty weak a$$ people out there with tattoos. just remember the pain is temp. the tat is permanent... make your descision wisely... do not fear the pain, rather fear the fact that a tattoo that you are sooooo stoked about getting right now... may not be representing what you want to rep. in 15-20yrs. and that goes for the placement also!!! dont set yourself up for regrets... I like tattoos have a bunch and have a bunch more in the planning stages... I do have one on my lower arm that I regret doing... don't do that to yourself!!!
I appreciate the input that you guys have but this isn't my thread... :rolleyes: P.S. Im a super stoker fiend when it comes to pain.

Nate

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Don't you graduate in May? Why don't you wait until you get out and see what you are going to do. I know you think you want to be a mechanic/team support, but you haven't even tried it yet. You may hate it. Driving all over the country and wrenching into the wee hours than doing it all over again ever week may get old fast.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
nato said:
Yea, the one type of pain that I figured would be the worst and that I cant really prepare for is the phsycilogical part of continuous etching into the skin. My tat is going to be a simplistic design looking a whole lot like a badge that you would find on a BDU Army field jacket. It wont be big but its going to be bold black so I'm expecting even more pain now.
I guess it will only take an hour or less to do one of those depending on the artist.
And if you think its hurting too much its not a shame to ask the artist to take a short rest, so he/she can relaxt their arm offcourse ;)
Again, the pain stops the moment they take the needles off the skin so you can relax a bit when theyre adding new ink or changing needles.