Quantcast

Tax day teabagger protests. Who's going?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So a while back I posted this about some help "truthing up" a tax day tea party protest flyer. This of course sent several of the teahadists here at work into a froth about how "race has nothing to do with it" and how people are being "taxed to death":-)rofl:). After I printed up a bunch of historical tax tables and some other documents(to name a few), it just even more firmly cemented in my mind the these people are nucking futs. In the spirit of "know thine enemy", and since I have Thursdays off, I think I'm going to take my daughter and camera downtown and document/watch the freak show. I might even accidentally learn something, maybe I’ll run into $tinkle.:weee: Anyone else going to the local equivalent or is discretion the better part of valor?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
those butt goblins are coming to boston, headlined by bucktoothed aunt sarah. How's that whole dopey-blamey thing going for ya?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
In the spirit of "know thine enemy", and since I have Thursdays off, I think I'm going to take my daughter and camera downtown and document/watch the freak show.
i'd like to point out to everyone else the fact that he feels safe enough to bring his kid. not exactly what you could call a hate-filled crowd. pissy maybe.

[dare you to wear black-face]
I might even accidentally learn something, maybe I’ll run into $tinkle.:weee:
my non-billable free time is spent riding, not w/ pensioners & other wanna-be activists.

as a rule, i find crowds dumb. i love humanity, but hate ppl.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
i'd like to point out to everyone else the fact that he feels safe enough to bring his kid. not exactly what you could call a hate-filled crowd. pissy maybe.
Not really, except for the fact that both myself and my kid are pretty Aryan in appearance, so as long as I can keep my mouth shut and don't get outed as a lefty, I should be okay. My Hispanic wife however, probably not so much.

You should carry a sign saying "We got teabagged on 4/15"
This would make a great shirt. :rofl: Wish I'd thought of that a couple days ago, I could have made a fortune selling them to the "linguistically challenged" (thank you Kidwoo) downtown.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Like a live show of peopleofwalmart.com

I can't go cause my personal tax freedom day isn't until May 03 this year..:(:rofl:

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
I hope the tea bag train wreck appreciates the subtle irony when they bring their protest to DC this week. Recall the original Boston tea party was about taxation without representation.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Find a black person in these 40 pictures:
pages 20, 25, 32, 35, 38, 41*

nevermind that 1/2 of these pics were only of pentamom

*ok, it may have been the same black guy in ea one, granted, but you did say "find **a** black person..."

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

*ok, it may have been the same black guy in ea one, granted, but you did say "find **a** black person..."
ok, I missed the one in 20, but in 25 he's a protester. I don't see any of the other ones. If I'm blind, then my apologies! Just seems like a lot of white dudes and not a lot of diversity.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

Page 20 - He's a performer, you can see the mike cord in his hand. Ie, was PAID to be there.
Page 25 - Counter-demonstrator

And the big crowd pictures, you can *really* spot the black guy? I can't. :)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
well look who's going to use guerrilla tactics tomorrow: Source: State Dems scrambling to deploy tea party ‘crashers’
New Hampshire Democrats are engaged in a statewide search for liberal activists willing to attend so-called tea parties on Thursday and carry signs expressing racist or fringe sentiments, a Democratic source with knowledge of the effort tells NowHampshire.com.

According to the source, who sought anonymity for fear of reprisals, the Dems’ last minute scramble reflects a growing obsession among party leaders that they need to discredit the tea party movement soon or it will overwhelm them come the November election.

Former Democratic State Party Chairman Kathy Sullivan is heading up the search, the source said. Sullivan has been calling and e-mailing liberal activists trying to get them to attend tea parties in different parts of the state and hold signs denying the authenticity of President Barack Obama’s birth certificate and make racially disparaging comments to reporters.

“This is Kathy’s [Sullivan] project,” the source told NowHampshire.com. “She is absolutely obsessed with painting the tea party people as racists.”

Similar “crash the tea party” efforts are taking place throughout the country on Tax Day.
i really hope everyone's camera's are fully charged, and these thugs get collared when they step out of line - whether or not they're implants or tbaggers who use this as a pretext.

the first rule of SEIU-club...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Why? The whole tea party thing is too fringe to be a threat to the Dems. If anything it will help them by pushing independents away from the GOP.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Wow, that's a credible source...

Note: This is NOT a legal disclaimer (something users have to agree to when they submit a story) but rather a common courtesy disclaimer.
Now! Hampshire seeks to provide serious, firsthand reporting of the day’s events here in the Granite State. Therefore, while we continue to promote the democratization of the media, we are still talking about “managed democracy,” here. We ask our citizen journalists to abide by these rules under threat of ostracism or having their stories rejected.
So when these racist teabaggers show up in NH tomorrow, the loony right can point to this and claim that they're Democratic operatives?

Maybe this guy was a Democratic plant... You know, "leader of the Tea Party" might just be his alibi. :D

http://washingtonindependent.com/73036/n-word-sign-dogs-would-be-tea-party-leader

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
like i wrote, collar those tbaggers who use this opportunity as a pretext. and with the crowds whipped into buttery froths, i won't be very surprised if there are a few. after all, i'm sure there are more than a few cross-over hockey fans.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
New York Times poll today finds that teabaggers are overwhelmingly white, married, old, conservative and retarded. In other news, sky blue, sun yellow, grass green.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/us/politics/15poll.html?hp

And nearly three-quarters of those who favor smaller government said they would prefer it even if it meant spending on domestic programs would be cut.

But in follow-up interviews, Tea Party supporters said they did not want to cut Medicare or Social Security — the biggest domestic programs, suggesting instead a focus on “waste.”

Some defended being on Social Security while fighting big government by saying that since they had paid into the system, they deserved the benefits.

Others could not explain the contradiction.

“That’s a conundrum, isn’t it?” asked Jodine White, 62, of Rocklin, Calif. “I don’t know what to say. Maybe I don’t want smaller government. I guess I want smaller government and my Social Security.” She added, “I didn’t look at it from the perspective of losing things I need. I think I’ve changed my mind.”

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
New York Times poll today finds that teabaggers are overwhelmingly white, married, old, conservative and retarded.
it's clear what you think of the group, but do you find anything redeeming about their platform? if so, how is it misrepresented by the current crowd?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Hate to say it, but that poll shows that they are actually BETTER educated than the average 'Merican.....what does THAT say?
to dante, nothing; it's ironic, really

but i'll go ahead & be everyone's asshole & observe this crowd is usually one that eschews the professorial/intellectual types, so it may not serve them well for the nyt to make this note.

and & i'm not so sure if a mic is stuck in their face & are asked to discern this movement from libertarians if they could make significant distinctions.

most here can't

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
it's clear what you think of the group, but do you find anything redeeming about their platform? if so, how is it misrepresented by the current crowd?
Seriously? No. The Libertarian party is at least an understandable platform. These... These teabaggers are reprehensible pretty much in every manner that they disagree with the Libertarians. If we want to reign in government spending, we HAVE to cut Medicare, Social Security and the DoD. Flat out. Everything else is just ancillary. The Libertarians know that. The teabaggers don't. They think we can just cut taxes and eliminate "waste", and magically we'll have budget surplus. Too bad it doesn't work that way...