Quantcast

Tax day teabagger protests. Who's going?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
New York Times poll today finds that teabaggers are overwhelmingly white, married, old, conservative and retarded. In other news, sky blue, sun yellow, grass green.
ok, i have a bone to pick: you quoted a section that was after this, and therefore presume you read it:
Their responses are like the general public’s in many ways. Most describe the amount they paid in taxes this year as “fair.” Most send their children to public schools. A plurality do not think Sarah Palin is qualified to be president, and, despite their push for smaller government, they think that Social Security and Medicare are worth the cost to taxpayers. They actually are just as likely as Americans as a whole to have returned their census forms, though some conservative leaders have urged a boycott.
wtf, dude?

nytime article said:
They are more likely than the general public, and Republicans, to say that too much has been made of the problems facing black people.
wtf does this mean w/o raw data? are the numbers 10 & 20%? 5 & 90%? can't find raw data. fail.

oh, for the truly interested in the racist, ignorant, & hateful tendencies of the tbaggers: http://pajamasmedia.com/ejectejecteject/2010/04/13/reasonable-men/

(still doesn't mean i'll join)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
They are on to us...

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/04/14/tracking-the-tea-party-crashers/

Tracking the Tea Party crashers
By Michelle Malkin • April 14, 2009 05:12 PM

Keep an eye out for the Tea Party crashers tomorrow. If you have other example to add to the list, give me a holler:

1) From Code Pink Website:

Santa Monica Tea Party Wednesday, April 15th 2009 4:00–5:00 PM Santa Monica, CA
The Santa Monica Tea Party of 2009 and Tea Parties all across America are being organized by friends of Rush Limbaugh and Bill O’Reilly, all about getting less funding for government. Let’s show up with a better message: STOP funding wars and Wall Street, and start funding the needs of the people– health care, education, and a green economy. Join us as we crash their party.

Location: Santa Monica Pier 100 Colorado Ave. Santa Monica, CA

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
oh, for the truly interested in the racist, ignorant, & hateful tendencies of the tbaggers: http://pajamasmedia.com/ejectejecteject/2010/04/13/reasonable-men/

I thought we weren't allowed to think of Jefferson as a founding father any more.
Cynthia Dunbar, a lawyer from Richmond who is a strict constitutionalist and thinks the nation was founded on Christian beliefs, managed to cut Thomas Jefferson from a list of figures whose writings inspired revolutions in the late 18th century and 19th century, replacing him with St. Thomas Aquinas, John Calvin and William Blackstone. (Jefferson is not well liked among the conservatives on the board because he coined the term “separation between church and state.”)
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229585

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
ok, i have a bone to pick: you quoted a section that was after this, and therefore presume you read it:wtf, dude?

wtf does this mean w/o raw data? are the numbers 10 & 20%? 5 & 90%? can't find raw data. fail.

Could you *really* not find the raw data? It's on the left hand side, marked "multimedia". Here's the link: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/04/14/us/politics/20100414-tea-party-poll-graphic.html?ref=politics

There's all the questions, grouped by category on the left.

Edit: And in case you *still* can't find it, here's the raw data to your question.

Too much 52% 28% +24
Too little 6 16 –10
Just right 36 44 –8
Don’t know or no answer 6 11 –5

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
ffs, this was a long read: nytimes: what tea party backers want - room for debate

my take: while it is an opinion piece from 10 or so columnists, not so rarely did they resort to name-calling & snide insults; class envy; calling them mentally ill (liberals are ones to lean heavily on mental health profession - dr heal theyself!) surprise, surprise, surprise: the black guy see bigotry b/c he sees a crowd of angry white ppl; who's the racist *now*? (recall how many angry white ppl protested against bush?)

love this money quote:
"But they show very clearly the racial anxiety that many of them appear to feel. This is not traditional racism, although there are almost certainly traditional racists within the movement. "
"almost certainly"? talk about your accountability journalism!

and how do they make the leap that tbaggers "distrust leaders" yet speak glowingly of bush?

why is it so wrong to be mad about this [fiscally dysfunctional gov't], but not wrong to be mad about liberal causes?

mischaracterisations & false dilemmas abound, especially trying to peg tbaggers as those who want all taxes to go away, and trying to finger wag that we've always had taxes, but riddle me this: our first federal tax form was around 1913; previously gov't collected funds through the sale of land, fees, and tariffs. mind you, the tbagger collective may be more educated than most, but i'm able to recognize this isn't indicative of their tax law savvy & history.

great: now it looks like i'm defending these bored pensioners to the point of joining them. this must be how rod stewart felt in his 20's - gettin so much ass, yet not enough...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Could you *really* not find the raw data? It's on the left hand side, marked "multimedia". Here's the link: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/04/14/us/politics/20100414-tea-party-poll-graphic.html?ref=politics

There's all the questions, grouped by category on the left.

Edit: And in case you *still* can't find it, here's the raw data to your question.
cool; i'll check it out after lunch. out of habit, i immediately click on 'print' to get rid of ads & other content (i'm easily distractable i guess)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
evidence that the tea party is the new white glasses:
Code:
Have you supported the Tea Party movement by ...
Donated money 			 2
Attended rally or meeting 	13
Both 				 5 	 
Neither 			78
Don’t know or no answer 	 2
as far as the "too much has been made w/ the problems of black ppl", i'd have to disagree, for the reasons i've prev stated (co-opted & exploited by the dems)

as to the section about obama & congress: that's the part that troubles me the most. if you're at a fcuking tea party rally & 100% of you don't have the stones to say you disapprove of obama, maybe you don't know wtf you're doing there. but then again, only 4/10 knew (or "believed") he was born in the u.s., so reason isn't exactly at epidemic levels

yes, there's enough guano crazy for all, it seems.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
This would make a better T shirt than infiltraitor sign:

I want to bring that sign to one of the rallies. IMO the arrow could be pointed elsewhere for practical use, but I can't wait to see some MORAN [sic] waving it with the arrow pointed at his/durr head.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Birther being de-bagged.

Orly Taitz — The foreign-born lawyer and dentist from California is one of the leaders of the so-called birther movement . She has filed several lawsuits — none of them successful — to compel President Obama to disclose documents certifying his U.S. citizenship. Taitz and other birthers believe that the president is not a native-born American citizen, and they deny the authenticity of the Hawaii birth certificate Obama made public during his 2008 presidential run. (If Obama had indeed been born outside the borders of the United States — an assertion that no credible evdence supports — he would be constitutionally ineligible to serve as president.)

Taitz was scheduled to appear at a Tea Party rally today in Pleasanton, California, alongside several establishment conservative figures, such as Republican Senate hopeful Carly Fiorina. But the other invited speakers started raising red flags the moment they learned they might be sharing a podium with Taitz. Bridget Melson, the organizer of the gathering, told the L.A. Times that she started "getting calls from candidates like crazy" expressing concerns, adding that she dropped Taitz because the distractions involved with hosting such a controversial figure were just "not worth it."

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
who teh fk wrote this horsesehit?
(If Obama had indeed been born outside the borders of the United States — an assertion that no credible evdence supports — he would be constitutionally ineligible to serve as president.)
we've had quite a few prez's born outside our borders

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
local cov'g: http://www.gazette.com/sections/article/gallery/?pic=1&id=97197

i think this was the whites only protest
:rofl: Aren't they all?

The Tea Party crowd was a graying bunch, with most past 50. Many said they only recently got involved in politics, inspired by conservative talk-radio hosts and driven by their outrage over recent happenings in Washington, D.C.

<snip>
The crowd was relatively calm, until pro-Obama students from nearby Palmer High School arrived.

Katie Law, 18, and three other teens spent their lunch hour at the Tea Party. The girls, ages 14 to 18, held up a sign that read, &#8220;I (heart) Obama.&#8221;
Law said that soon after arriving, a group encircled them, shouted them down and tore the sign.

&#8220;This is really hateful when it turns violent like this,&#8221; said Law, near tears.
"Hey you kids, get off my lawn!" :rofl:

BTW, I wound up not going today. Did a motorcycle overhaul instead for a co-workers husband. I was give proper incentive so I skipped the tea bagging.

Last edited:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
It must now be only a few weeks left before the first law-suit over who is allowed to use the "TeaParty" name. This movement is going to collapse inwards faster than a Chinese apartment block.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It must now be only a few weeks left before the first law-suit over who is allowed to use the "TeaParty" name. This movement is going to collapse inwards faster than a Chinese apartment block.
This shlt is funny watching from another country/culture right?

It is here but there's that tinge of 'holy crap....REALLY?' I can't completely escape.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
As much as these people sicken me, I kind of hope they don't, at least not until the next election. I'd even like to see them put up a third candidate. Someone who really has no chance of winning but will siphon off enough votes from a republican to ensure another Obama term. I say let them keep teabagging each other.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em. Dusting off the GOP's health care plan from 1994 and passing it as their own seems pretty moderate to me. $800 tax credit for "working families" seems pretty moderate to me. Following up on Reagan's 1986 nuclear disarmament seems pretty moderate to me. Combining fuel efficiency measures with additional drilling seems pretty moderate to me.

Of course, to jack-booted thugs like Glenn Beck it's all just a huge liberal, commie plot, but for the rest of us who's been around long enough to have lived through Reagan, GHWB, Clinton and GWB, Obama definitely isn't he fire-breathing liberal that the GOP makes him out to be.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There was a teabagger protest in Medford yesterday. What made me laugh is it was in the park across the street from SONORML.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
re war-mongering obama: let's not forget killing civilians in pakistan & increasing troops numbers in afgh by 30k
Of course, to jack-booted thugs like Glenn Beck...
i know enough about him to know i'm not going to get anything useful by watching/listening to him. same for palin, hannity, & rush. does that make *me* moderate? i don't think so. i'm still conservative & don't need to be stroked/fomented w/ emotion.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Awesome:
All across the country, tea party rallies are taking place as part of a nationwide movement marking tax day. Tea Party celebrants were also in Medford today and conducted a Tea Party of there own. Hundreds gathered at Alba Park to express their concern over big government and the Obama administration. Voices from the crowd yelled warnings of "remember November&#8221; as their colleagues heard speeches from local radio talk show host Bill Meyer and former U.S. Representative Jeff Kroft. The crowd visually offered their support with signs that read "Don't Tread On Me" accompanied by a picture of a snake and the acronym for T.E.A.: Taxed Enough Already. Tea Party adherents use the name as a way of identifying with the story of the Boston Tea Party in American history.
They were yelling "remember November" when I walked by.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
72% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
67% of the time, nobody cares 43% of the time.

what?

those "bart vs. the space martians in 2040" statistics are completely idiotic. Nobody asked me, but I can vote...who is the party being polled? people on a conservative news site? people who hate kids? a complete economically and racially diverse group representing the entire US? doubtful.

anyways...back to the tea farty, they have done one thing...motivated me to vote in november for the best candidate for the job. preferably one with moderate values who can compromise on issues to get things done, rather than sticking their head in the sand.

I still hope playlin gets hit by the tea party express (read: bus) though.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Gotta love the TEA party members protesting at the Kennedy Space Center.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126025832

I think I've got it straight, they want to cut taxes, but not spending in any that effects Florida.

Also, the President wants to increase the number of "space" jobs in the area. One woman is still pissed because there will not be enough high paying jobs. Another man is upset because the jobs will "virtual jobs" like engineering jobs, and it's not going to help the "day to day person".

Can they change the name to the TFC (totally fvcking confused) party?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Gotta love the TEA party members protesting at the Kennedy Space Center.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126025832

I think I've got it straight, they want to cut taxes, but not spending in any that effects Florida.

Also, the President wants to increase the number of "space" jobs in the area. One woman is still pissed because there will not be enough high paying jobs. Another man is upset because the jobs will "virtual jobs" like engineering jobs, and it's not going to help the "day to day person".

Can they change the name to the TFC (totally fvcking confused) party?
I think it was posted on here originally:

If you were to draw a Venn diagram with issues Tea Partiers are angry about, and issues Tea Partiers are confused about, there would only be one circle.