Quantcast

Tax monkeys; little help please?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Alright guys,

I know Im supposed to keep up with this stuff, but I lost my tax return info. from last year...and I need it for financial aid purposes. Any way to request a new one? How long does it take? Anyone know a guy who knows a guy at the IRS who can email me one or something?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
BurlyShirley said:
Alright guys,

I know Im supposed to keep up with this stuff, but I lost my tax return info. from last year...and I need it for financial aid purposes. Any way to request a new one? How long does it take? Anyone know a guy who knows a guy at the IRS who can email me one or something?

I'm not a tax guy but the IRS has a pretty good website, irs.gov or something, there should be info there about requesting your own records. Your employer should also be able to reprint your income information but that might not work. It's good to keep a few copies of your tax returns from year to year.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
OGRipper said:
I'm not a tax guy but the IRS has a pretty good website, irs.gov or something, there should be info there about requesting your own records. Your employer should also be able to reprint your income information but that might not work. It's good to keep a few copies of your tax returns from year to year.
Yes, I know I should keep copies, but it all just disappeared. I have no idea where it went?:dead:
I'll try the IRS site again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Call the IRS and tell them you lied on your taxes last year. When they audit you they will send a copy of that years return.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
once you get everything sorted out, consider using Turbo Tax. That program rocks for doing your own taxes (you really don't need to do anything but put in information when it asks you) and then you will have a copy saved to your computer, and you can print a hard copy to lose!

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
riverside73 said:
once you get everything sorted out, consider using Turbo Tax. That program rocks for doing your own taxes (you really don't need to do anything but put in information when it asks you) and then you will have a copy saved to your computer, and you can print a hard copy to lose!
I used turbo tax last year, and it worked well. I tried to log back on and get a transcript, but my account there had run out and my taxes for this year are far too complex to be left to turbo tax. Therefor, i did not want to waste the money.

I requested a copy from the IRS over the phone. It was really easy. They're not such bloodsucking bastards after all.

Oh wait, yeah they are.