Quantcast

TBB what are they doing?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
The first AM Cup they can't even use SS for the xc....check this out. If you want to race SuperD they are making ya follow the new rules.

Super D. - The Chair will be open and you will have to meet their requirements and they are:
1- Bikes must be less than 35 LBS.
2 - The tire size must be less than 2.5
3 - Front shocks must have less than 6 inches of travel.
4 - bikes must have 3 chainrings

http://www.teambigbear.com/event_detail.php?event_id=109

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Wow, sounds like they struggling to even put on an event. It's sad really.

S.S. is killing our sport, I hope someone else steps up to bat.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
First, I'll post my reply to the same thread in the DH forum...

Excellent! Sounds like TBB is tightening the noose around their own neck. Hopefully more and more people will stop competing in their races and they will just go away. It's a tough sacrafice for the racer folks but if you can bite the bullet and say F-U to TBB I am sure that someone or some group will step in and take their place. And run things much better as well. What kind of race promotor runs a race where you can only access and practice the course via chairlift then limits the number of times you can use the lift? Sounds very very stupid. Only in mountain bike racing would a promotor get away with this crap. (Little to no competition)

But of course, this is just my opinion. Your milage may vary.

Then I will say that: Without saying too much because it would be very very premature, and I have a ton of research and learnin to do... I am currently researching this arena, and the current plan is to include racing as a main part of "the plan".

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
I actually heard a rumor that Snow Summit kicked out TBB...don't know if it's true or not. I'm working on finding out a bit more.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
dhjill said:
I actually heard a rumor that Snow Summit kicked out TBB...don't know if it's true or not. I'm working on finding out a bit more.

That might be true, i've heard the same thing from a couple other people. Would explain why they aren't even using the parking and lodge area.

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Zutroy said:
That might be true, i've heard the same thing from a couple other people. Would explain why they aren't even using the parking and lodge area.
I might go race XC and Super D on Sunday. I'll ask Tom what the dealio is.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
dhjill said:
I might go race XC and Super D on Sunday. I'll ask Tom what the dealio is.

I'll be there to race SuperD. Say hi if ya go, i'll be on the Black Chumba Wumba, been having fun with the cruiser.