Quantcast

TDF Stage 17

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
DRB said:
Yes he can. he won the final time trial in the Giro and was in the top 5 in the first time trial. He has really worked on that aspect of his riding.

Ullrich is going to have to hump it to catch Rasmussen. This TT is not a flat affair. Its up and down.

I'm leaning more towards Lance, Basso and Rasmussen.

Tomorrow has a cat 2 climb to the finish that should produce more of the same as today amongest the big boys.
I wouldn't count Ullrich out to catch Rassmussen. Yeah, I know he has to make up about 2 minutes, but Ullrich has really come into decent form the past week or so. I think the prologue (sp?) TT wasn't the Ullrich we're seeing right now. I'll say right now that Ullrich beats both Basso and Rassmussen to move into third.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I'm curious if there is actually anyone who would follow a thread on RM instead of just looking at velonews.com or letour.com, considering this thread is just cut-and-pastes... :confused:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
reflux said:
I wouldn't count Ullrich out to catch Rassmussen. Yeah, I know he has to make up about 2 minutes, but Ullrich has really come into decent form the past week or so. I think the prologue (sp?) TT wasn't the Ullrich we're seeing right now. I'll say right now that Ullrich beats both Basso and Rassmussen to move into third.
Jan beat Rasmussen by over two minutes in the opening TT, and Jan is three minutes behind right now. Rasmussen is going to have to do the ride of his life to keep his third place overall.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
reflux said:
Yep, Rasmussen blows goats in a time trial, and I would not be surprised if Ullrich caught him. Ullrich should also put some time into Basso as well, he has not improved that much. Ullrich still has a chance for 3rd.
But sometimes in these big tours, when a climber HAS to time trail, they will put in the ride of thier life, so we will see what Rass has got.
Lance should destroy them all in the TT. He will probaly set a goal or something like trying to win the tour by 5 minutes, and just go for it.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Piss the boss off......

Motivated perhaps by the chance to distance Floyd Landis, who Armstrong considered had made unsavoury comments about him in L'Equipe, Discovery floored it all the way to the line, with Armstrong himself helping to drive the pace. The group came in 22'28 behind Savoldelli but 0'20 ahead of the next group, containing Evans, Landis, and Moreau. The top six placings in GC remain unchanged but Vinokourov overtakes the latter three in jumping to seventh overall. The large time gap at the finish enabled the American team to take over from T-Mobile as best squad.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Echo said:
I'm curious if there is actually anyone who would follow a thread on RM instead of just looking at velonews.com or letour.com, considering this thread is just cut-and-pastes... :confused:

YES...velonews and OLN are blocked at work...this gives me a chance to check out what is happening while I'm working.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I see that as the media trying to add some drama to the tour to make it interesting.
20 seconds. Really driving it home there. I still say take 'em out MXC style!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Joe Pozer said:
YES...velonews and OLN are blocked at work...this gives me a chance to check out what is happening while I'm working.
Cool, I was just wondering... and I thought Xerox had the strictest firewall nazis :p

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Echo said:
Cool, I was just wondering... and I thought Xerox had the strictest firewall nazis :p

Unfortunately they don't let us have much fun...and working for a govt. agency we have to make due with very old equipment. I can't even run the Yahoo live updates...

J

JRB

Echo said:
Funny - I figured you were just trying to be oppressive.