Quantcast

TDF Stage 18

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
indieboy said:
the giro isn't the same league as the tour?
yet basso only lost the first TT in the giro by 2 seconds to the same guy who beat lance by the same margin.......c'mon
Savoldelli and Basso have both been quoted in the press this year that the giro is NOT as tough as the Tour. The overall speed is slower. The stages aren't as long. And the climbs not as plentiful... nor are they as hard. That's them and pretty much every pro racer saying that. IT is not in the same league as the Tour.

And that same lost Basso lost 1'24" to Lance in short TT in the tour.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Christophe Moreau WHINY BITCH

Moreau unhappy with Vino rumours

Frenchman Christophe Moreau has been riding better than all of his countrymen in this year's Tour de France. The Credit Agricole rider was as high as third overall in the race and has been sitting inside the top ten ever since. But he is feeling pretty unappreciated of late, following the news that his team is one of those bidding for the signature of Alexandre Vinokourov.

Moreau poured out his frustration in Thursday's issue of L'Equipe, saying that he feels "deceived" by team manager Roger Legeay. According to him, things seemed hunky dory on the Tour's first rest day, but since then all has not been well.

"I began talking about my contract with Roger Legeay on the first rest day in Grenoble," he said. There, he talked to me about continuing while I expressed my loyalty to a team where I have felt at home for four years. On the second rest day I brought up the subject again but Roger Legeay had become more evasive."

Moreau says that it is not easy to get a straight answer out of his directeur sportif. "Roger Legeay is somebody who has a strong character and with whom dialogue is not always easy. This lack of communication and this stalling in the negotiations shows this to be true. It makes me think that the arrival of Alexandre Vinokourov is a realistic possibility."

Moreau is 34 years old but has no intention of retiring yet. He says that he's had contact with several teams but prefers the thought of staying with Credit Agricole. However, even if he is offered a new deal there, he says that being on the same team as Vinokourov is not a realistic option. "The arrival of Vinokourov would be an ejector seat for me," he stated, rather bluntly.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
The Toninator said:
MOREAU is going to bitch smack your bois and jump into 5th. Watch, just watch!
He's too worried that he may be getting replaced.

Moreau unhappy with Vino rumours

{edit} beat by a second {edit}

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
What are you guys smoking? Can I have some? ;)

Lance has always said that it's somewhat disgraceful for the yellow jersey to not win one stage. We are talking about Lance's final individual time trial, basically his final chance to win a stage, on his own terms. The end of an era. Sure he doesn't need to take any chances if there are technical parts of the course.

He will bury himself utterly and totally to try to win the TT. I think he will do it. He has shown that he is the strongest in the race, and he will have no reason to hold anything in reserve. He will apply the full force of his considerable will and determination and that is not to be taken lightly.

Basso will not beat Lance in the TT. Ullrich is the only one who might, and in any event Ullrich will be on the podium.