Quantcast

TdF Stage 7 - Luneville - Karlsruhe

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Altig on Ullrich, "I'm tired of his excuses"
Former World Champion and German cycling legend Rudi Altig, 68, says he is tired of Jan Ullrich's excuses for not doing better. "He earns €250,000 a month but doesn't give anything back to cycling." Altig noted that "Last year he won the Tour de Suisse, this year he lost it in the mountains and then they tell us, he is stronger than ever."

Furthermore, "Before the Time Trial, Jan said that he didn't have any more pain from his crash. Afterwards he said that it had affected him. I can't take that any more!"

Altig agreed with Eddy Merckx in doubting Ullrich's mental strength: "In his head he has to really want to beat Armstrong. Physically, he can do it. But I think Jan just doesn't enjoy his job enough anymore." He says that his criticism is meant to motivate Ullrich. "I like Jan. He can beat Armstrong. I want him to finally live up to his capabilities."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
DRB said:
Altig on Ullrich, "I'm tired of his excuses"
Former World Champion and German cycling legend Rudi Altig, 68, says he is tired of Jan Ullrich's excuses for not doing better. "He earns €250,000 a month but doesn't give anything back to cycling." Altig noted that "Last year he won the Tour de Suisse, this year he lost it in the mountains and then they tell us, he is stronger than ever."

Furthermore, "Before the Time Trial, Jan said that he didn't have any more pain from his crash. Afterwards he said that it had affected him. I can't take that any more!"

Altig agreed with Eddy Merckx in doubting Ullrich's mental strength: "In his head he has to really want to beat Armstrong. Physically, he can do it. But I think Jan just doesn't enjoy his job enough anymore." He says that his criticism is meant to motivate Ullrich. "I like Jan. He can beat Armstrong. I want him to finally live up to his capabilities."
Jan just needs to catch rabies.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Jan is going to get hit in the head with a Tomato or something while in Germany. T-Mobile pumped him up this year and he isnt doing crap to try to get up there and compete. Oh well, maybe he has a plan of some sort, what is he like 1:30 back or something. Thats a lot of time to make up and its not like Discovery or CSC is going to let him get very far ahead without bringing the peleton down on him to eat him up like the bratworst that he is... with extra mustard of suckyness.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
biker3 said:
I wonder if he even helps lance go tinkle on the side of the road? Maybe he even whipes his butt, now that is a true domestique.
Have you ever seen them go on the bike. Typically you'll see one guy with a hand in the middle of the back pedaling while the other guy is p!ssing.

I've seen it a lot more this year in the TV coverage of the tour then in the past.