Quantcast

TDF TT

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Hey all,did not know where to put this? There was a YouTube today on it and one of the first riders on the video crash’ed. Couple of replay’s of it along with his road rash. I had to hit replay a couple times to confirm what I saw. He wheel is spinning Fast as the Bike is down,he is down right next to it,but cannot see the wheel. Then he is stick’s his foot to stop it. I know this is not New,but this guy should have been caught,what a Joke.

Avy

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Are you trying to say that Bissegar, the first person on course, was mechanically doping because he wrecked on a painted road in pouring rain, and that because his wheel was spinning after his second wreck that he was mechanically doping? To finish a minute behind the rest of the pros?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Are you trying to say that Bissegar, the first person on course, was mechanically doping because he wrecked on a painted road in pouring rain, and that because his wheel was spinning after his second wreck that he was mechanically doping? To finish a minute behind the rest of the pros?

Yes,If we are talking about the same guy,which I think we are. Slow speed turn,how is the wheel spinning that fast?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
probably ceramic bearings.

you do realize they're xraying more bikes this year yes?
No,I was not aware,but I would expect it. My First thought was ceramic bearings. The more I rewound,the more I thought,no bearing would spin so fast after a Low speed crash. Not to mention he had to hit the brakes before the crash?

I guess it is possible for the Wheel to Spin at such a High Speed Rate on a Low Speed Crash while smacking and resting next to a barrier?

However,for Sandwich to question that he is First and a minute + behind is Silly. I say All the more reason to cheat. They all cheat.

Avy

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Absolute Black carbon slipstream.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No,I was not aware,but I would expect it. My First thought was ceramic bearings. The more I rewound,the more I thought,no bearing would spin so fast after a Low speed crash. Not to mention he had to hit the brakes before the crash?

I guess it is possible for the Wheel to Spin at such a High Speed Rate on a Low Speed Crash while smacking and resting next to a barrier?

However,for Sandwich to question that he is First and a minute + behind is Silly. I say All the more reason to cheat. They all cheat.

Avy
ive had my bmx wheels spin like crazy after crashes. i wouldn't worry so much about the speed that theyre spinning but how long.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah I'm just saying you're full of baloney. The first time he wrecked his wheel stopped. The second time nothing touched the wheel after the slip'n'slide and it kept spinning. I've wrecked before and my wheel kept spinning even though I was not on a motorcycle. Dude slipped on a painted line or on a transition between paved surfaces- you can see his front wheel break traction and keep going straight even though it's pointed right the first time. Riding road, you know to watch the painted lines or sewer grates as that's where traction changes and you can slip. His bearings are probably packed with nothing more than graphite and endurbro tears so they spin forever.

I'm not saying dude's not a doper, just that he's probably not going to mechanically dope on the first segment of the race, in the rain, and if he was on a motorcycle then he'd probably turn it down in the rain after wrecking the first two times.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I went down and scrapped up my knee because my pads slipped down a few weeks ago, but I'd do that any day over going down on the road on a road bike.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah I'm just saying you're full of baloney. The first time he wrecked his wheel stopped. The second time nothing touched the wheel after the slip'n'slide and it kept spinning. I've wrecked before and my wheel kept spinning even though I was not on a motorcycle. Dude slipped on a painted line or on a transition between paved surfaces- you can see his front wheel break traction and keep going straight even though it's pointed right the first time. Riding road, you know to watch the painted lines or sewer grates as that's where traction changes and you can slip. His bearings are probably packed with nothing more than graphite and endurbro tears so they spin forever.

I'm not saying dude's not a doper, just that he's probably not going to mechanically dope on the first segment of the race, in the rain, and if he was on a motorcycle then he'd probably turn it down in the rain after wrecking the first two times.
What’s goin on here Avy? You got a Baloney Sandwich?

Well,I still say it don’t look right. The second crash that is. I would feel better if at least One Monkey thought so as well. With that said,I say Good Day!

Avy

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just managed to watch the recap from today.

Pidcock=monster, such a supreme bike rider in any discipline.

Also glad to see Froome have a good day out.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There should be a goon squad on motorcycles that beat the shit out of people that wave smoke grenades in front of riders faces.