Quantcast

Tdg

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Heidi
Damn, I wish it was live on tv. This is gonna be one awesome race!

http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/5915.0.html
doesn't look like it will be on for you but it will be for us here in the south

The Dodge Tour de Georgia regional show will air on Fox Sports Net South during these times:
May 4 at 7 p.m. ET
May 8 at 9 p.m. ET
May 19 at 4 a.m. ET
May 26 at 1:30 p.m. ET
June 5 at 9 p.m. ET

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It's on OLN in a couple weeks, but not much of it.

Dodge Tour de Georgia
Sun, 5/2, 4-5pm ET
Thur, 5/6, 9:30-10:30pm ET/PT

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
NICE - Fraser took the sprint today! Cyclingnews says Cipo did not contest the sprint because there was a crash the last lap...did he crash?

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
JLO's observation
http://www.voy.com/75098/30915.html

"See my entry on CN. when it posts. The crash was next to me, I had just finished my last pull and was drifting back. It was ten guys to my right (we were nearly curb to curb hammering up the hill last lap) and about 60 guys from the front. Cipo was in the top 10 at that point. My rooomate wherry said that Cipo just pulled out of the line (well after the crash, of which he was far in front of) and sat up. Keep in mind that this circuit was HARD HARD HARD. Anyone who went down was not a contender at that late point in the race, it was just 2.5 km to go."

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Babar
JLO's observation
http://www.voy.com/75098/30915.html

"See my entry on CN. when it posts. The crash was next to me, I had just finished my last pull and was drifting back. It was ten guys to my right (we were nearly curb to curb hammering up the hill last lap) and about 60 guys from the front. Cipo was in the top 10 at that point. My rooomate wherry said that Cipo just pulled out of the line (well after the crash, of which he was far in front of) and sat up. Keep in mind that this circuit was HARD HARD HARD. Anyone who went down was not a contender at that late point in the race, it was just 2.5 km to go."
Wow - very cool, thanks for the link.

Old_Dude

Monkey
Any bets I'll have my photo taken with Lance?

They're coming through my hometown tomorrow (Thurs) but I'm going up to Rome (~14 miles North) to watch the end of Stage 3 and then the time trials begin.

Needless to say, I will be posting photos of TDG. Again.

If anyone needs a place to stay, come on by - we live on an acre of land and you're all welcome to camp in the backyard. No serious threat of rain is in the forcast - woo hoo!

Happy riding,

OD

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Old_Dude
Any bets I'll have my photo taken with Lance?

They're coming through my hometown tomorrow (Thurs) but I'm going up to Rome (~14 miles North) to watch the end of Stage 3 and then the time trials begin.

Needless to say, I will be posting photos of TDG. Again.

If anyone needs a place to stay, come on by - we live on an acre of land and you're all welcome to camp in the backyard. No serious threat of rain is in the forcast - woo hoo!

Happy riding,

OD
i won't be coming up to rome but i'll be at the top of brasstown on saturday!!!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
TODAY'S STAGE:

Armstrong wins!!!

12:15 EDT
Unbelievable, nobody would have predicted this. Armstrong was up there keeping himself out of trouble and he took the win. Another good day for Dominguez. It depends on where Gord finished, but Dominguez could have the jersey.

Old_Dude

Monkey
I JUST got back!!! I have tons of photos & some great stories . . . what an amazing day!!!

I got to the s/f line about 45 minutes before the first lap - there were many more people than last year - VERY festive and fun . . . then here they came - the first of four passes as the peloton went by - this year the s/f line was at the bottom of a hill and they were flying!

In Rome (GA), the end of the stage makes 3 laps around the center of town, so they came by us four times . . . the 2nd pass was probably the coolest because they were in a serpentine single file line and it just looked SO cool!!!

After the race I went to Berry College and rode up to the House of Dreams & then came back for the stage race. I waited outside the USPS motorhome and FINALLY, Lance came out - some of the other riders were warming up on trainers but Lance grabbed his bike and just took off. I grabbed my bike and followed . . . maintaining a "courteous" distance. So there we were Lance & I riding on the same road just a few feet from each other - HOW COOL IS THAT???

I stopped at the RR tracks & let him go & was poised for a great photo when he came back by. Just then, Mario went by and the two of them rode out into the rural roads of Georgia. I kept thinking "I hope some stupid redneck doesn't think it's target day".

As Lance came back (we had to wait for the train) I have a great shot of him passing by me about six feet away and I just can't wait to post it (serial download from my ancient camera - be patient!). Mario stopped and signed autographs, then passed by me too - great photo of him too!!!

Finally, Lance made it to the take off spot (?) for the time trial and that was my last photo - what a most memorable & fantastic day!!!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
He won the TT!

1 Lance Armstrong 39:51
2 Jens Voigt (CSC) 40.13
3 Chris Horner (Webcor) 40.36
4 Bobby Julich (CSC) 40.55
5 Brian Vandborg (CSC) 41.15
6 Viatcheslav Ekimov (USPS) 41.16
7 Jason McCartney (Health Net) 41.19
8 Chris Baldwin (Navigators) 41.22

Old_Dude

Monkey
Poor quality photo . . . buy you get the idea - this was earlier in the day at the end of the stage 3 - they came down the middle of town and then did three loops, so the whole group went by for a total of 4 times - socool!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I followed it all day on Cyclingnews Live Coverage, REALLY wish it was on tv to watch. Congrats are in order for Jason McCartney - wow, what a day for him to be in the breakaway for so long and to go on and win.:thumb: :thumb:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i went saturday to watch the climb up brasstown bald, and then down on sunday to watch the finishing circuits. all i have to say is WOW, they are fvcking amazing!!!