Quantcast

Tea drinkers?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
After drinking this yogi fasting tea and enjoying the taste and noticing the energy boost i decided to give tea a try. Any tea drinkers suggest a naturally good tasting tea that just gives you a boost overall in terms of energy or concentration?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
mobius said:
After drinking this yogi fasting tea and enjoying the taste and noticing the energy boost i decided to give tea a try. Any tea drinkers suggest a naturally good tasting tea that just gives you a boost overall in terms of energy or concentration?
Yes, it's a very common tea called "coffee".

:rolleyes:

Seriously though, I like Good Earth's "original" spiced tea. It's a black/herbal mix. A little cafeine, etc.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Celestial Seasons Apple Spice tastes dope, having some right now. Not sure about energy or cencentration. I'll agree with H8R there - that's the job of caffeine.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Celestial Seasonings wins the award for "Most Suggestive Tea Name":

Peach Apricot Honeybush

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Green tea is the bomb, it has antioxidants and tannins plus just the right amount of caffeine. You have to drink about 4 cups or more a day to get the benefits though. I brew up 4-bags worth (enough to fill a nalgene bottle) in a glass pitcher at night and then chill it in the fridge and then I have something tasty and cool to sip on throughout the day at work. Also brew tea with water that isn't quite boiling as boiling hot water can reduce the health benefits. I prefer it unsweetened but a little raw sugar tastes good in it too. Green tea is pretty much superior to all teas health wise. You might also try Yerba Matter and if you really get into teas look for pu-erh (yes, it is pronounced poo-air like a fart), it is a rare chinese tea that is supposedly very medicinal. We have agreat tea shop locally that has pu-ehr but it can be hard to come by.

Good tea info here:
http://www.stashtea.com/1690faq.htm