Quantcast

tea party vs 4chan/anonymous

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Honest question now... even in ignorance of its origins, what possibly possessed them to think that it was a good slogan for their party?The tone is the sort of bizarro Tolkien-esque self-import usually reserved for dungeons and dragons nerds. And it's completely non-sensical in the context:
- You are not anonymous. We can see every one of your idiot faces, and you sign into your friggin' meetings
- You are not legion. You're a tiny little movement (that has gotten disproportionate coverage on Fox as the 'Pubs try to co-opt you)
etc, etc.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Honest question now... even in ignorance of its origins, what possibly possessed them to think that it was a good slogan for their party?The tone is the sort of bizarro Tolkien-esque self-import usually reserved for dungeons and dragons nerds. And it's completely non-sensical in the context:
- You are not anonymous. We can see every one of your idiot faces, and you sign into your friggin' meetings
- You are not legion. You're a tiny little movement (that has gotten disproportionate coverage on Fox as the 'Pubs try to co-opt you)
etc, etc.
Cuz it sounds all strengthy and scurry and shlt.

You actually expect the MEANING of the words they says to matters?

duh

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Cuz it sounds all strengthy and scurry and shlt.
Really I shouldn't be shocked considering their political "platform" is the same meaningless truistic grandstanding, that enables idiots to bond and feel self-important.

Our word is the strength of our honor. We stand alone, united together against those who oppose America. We will persevere through perseverance. We will fight evil and corruption and waste. We are for common sense, truth and fairness. Who we are defines us... How am I doing with this? I think I could be the next Teabag Messiah.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Really I shouldn't be shocked considering their political "platform" is the same meaningless truistic grandstanding, that enables idiots to bond and feel self-important.

Our word is the strength of our honor. We stand alone, united together against those who oppose America. We will persevere through perseverance. We will fight evil and corruption and waste. We are for common sense, truth and fairness. Who we are defines us... How am I doing with this? I think I could be the next Teabag Messiah.
:thumb:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The facebook page looks be be highly inactive with a post "This is the real Oregon Tea Party, I suggest you delete your page.". Hmm, sounds interesting to me.