Quantcast

Team CRC/Intense & Marzocchi suspension?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Odd choice, maybe something to do with amount of stock CRC carry? no point promoting manitou if they have more of the marzocchi stock to sell?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
That would be pretty rad if CRC is going with Marz.

Marz. seems to have gotten back in touch with their rider base with the new user friendly internals that permit shim stack adjustment so I'm interested to see how the new redesigned forks work under WC conditions. Hopefully they are going back to the NOK seals and are having better luck with the latest iteration of the 888.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
All the CRC riders are on Marzocchi suspension in 2010. It's a case of black and white, money talks sponsorship. good to see Marzocchi getting back into some top flight racing.

Feel for Matti Lehikoinen changing bikes and suspension manufactuers yet again. Is it 3 bikes and 4 different suspension manufacturers in as many years?

ucsbMTBmember

Monkey
Nov 20, 2009
marz is definitely making a comeback. just came back from a fontucky race and they had marz mechanics out as well as test bikes. lots of people have the new 888 as well

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
Hopefully they are going back to the NOK seals and are having better luck with the latest iteration of the 888.
What do you base this comment on? Marzocchi have always used NOK seals since well, ever....

They were still NOK seals in 08/09 forks and as always, they weren't faulty either.

Marzocchi pulled its race support last year to concentrate on getting the 2010 product dialled, many people would have been using it last year but didn't because of the lack of tech support. Thats all changing for this year so you will see a lot more 888's now!

octanejake

Chimp
Sep 20, 2009
Ma
marzocchi is deff making a come back the new 888 rc3 evo ti's are nice, and they've made them lighter, 6.59lbs, this is a sensible change

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
superamped to see marzo back on the world stage: new fork sponsor and new frame (M6 evo) for team CRC. way 2 go!
pity those folks still show the dorado.. ;)

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
All the CRC riders are on Marzocchi suspension in 2010. It's a case of black and white, money talks sponsorship. good to see Marzocchi getting back into some top flight racing.

Feel for Matti Lehikoinen changing bikes and suspension manufactuers yet again. Is it 3 bikes and 4 different suspension manufacturers in as many years?
yep youre right i think

07 honda - showa
08 ms intense - manitou(?)
09 ms evil - fox
'10 crc intense - marzocchi

must be frustrating not being able to ride the same bike for 2 consecutive years, for some riders I imagine it can take a fair amount of time to get used to a bike, lets hope the likes of fairclough can really perform to their full potential now that theyre on the same bike for the second year in a row. 2010 season should be awesome!

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
yep youre right i think

07 honda - showa
08 ms intense - manitou(?)
09 ms evil - fox
'10 crc intense - marzocchi

must be frustrating not being able to ride the same bike for 2 consecutive years, for some riders I imagine it can take a fair amount of time to get used to a bike, lets hope the likes of fairclough can really perform to their full potential now that theyre on the same bike for the second year in a row. 2010 season should be awesome!
frustrating? or really cool? i would love to have the opportunity to try that much cool $hit:D

but, on a more serious note, the priority for any racer is to win, so there clearly would be a benefit to riding the same type of equipment for a few years for the sake of consistency. just the same, at their skill level, i would think they could adapt to new equipment pretty quickly.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I know Ronnies started packing the van a few times this season for the SRC races and apparently they are wanting to start supporting the race scene more so with the intro of the new 888 and owners.
It would be nice to see some support for other venues out there, especially with their stuff on the CRC team.
Said the first 2 races were gaiaing marz. momentum and the last one he was pretty slammed and digging it!
Good to see MARZ back....

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I bet there are few people more qualified to give a review on some suspension then matti at this point, the dude has ridden everything!

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
frustrating? or really cool? i would love to have the opportunity to try that much cool $hit:D

but, on a more serious note, the priority for any racer is to win, so there clearly would be a benefit to riding the same type of equipment for a few years for the sake of consistency. just the same, at their skill level, i would think they could adapt to new equipment pretty quickly.
FYI, Minnaar joined Honda in '05 and won the world cup in '05, he then proceded to win it again in '08 in his first year at Santa Cruz, and I'm sure he did the same on his orange and Haro before that? These boys are fast no matter what. When I spoke to him at the beginning of 2008 and he was saying the derailer thing was the only thing giving him trouble. I really doubt it makes that much of a difference,a month on a bike is a really really long time with the amount the top guys ride, let alone a year.

ekimox

Monkey
Jun 17, 2009
Not to mention that when something isn't to their liking it gets fixed asap. It may not happen overnight but a top racer's concerns get dealt with pretty quick. Like primo said these guys are fast no matter what.

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
Minnaar joined honda in 04...But yeah he's pretty much won on everything on several very very different bikes, I remember Gracia commentating at one of the world cups a couple of years ago saying how everyone was pretty much on the same bike, there really isn't that much difference between brands these days.

Will this be Kovarik's first year NOT on Manitou since like 03'?
Since 2000, thats a decade on Manitou! Steve Peat & Rockshox would be the only other person I can think of who's been on one brand for longer