Quantcast

Team Geronimo's 2010 Banshee Legend MkII Race Bikes (pics inside)

Oct 29, 2009
Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Why would it be a handful to service? Those Dorados look mega easy to work on. Frame shouldn't be any worse than any other bike with a linkage.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
So do the new dorados actually work ??? or do they still need to be rebuilt every run cause its a huge dissapointment waste of money ?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
So do the new dorados actually work ??? or do they still need to be rebuilt every run cause its a huge dissapointment waste of money ?
why so much hate on an awesome product? this is my 2nd year running a dorado. do you think i would ride the dorado 2 years in a row if it needed rebuilding and was complete crap? Do you think Teams would run this fork if it was junk???

theres only a few elite teams that will be running the dorado and team geronimo is one of them. good luck to you guys this year! im sure we will be running into each other at the races!

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
why so much hate on an awesome product? this is my 2nd year running a dorado. do you think i would ride the dorado 2 years in a row if it needed rebuilding and was complete crap? Do you think Teams would run this fork if it was junk???
!
Why so much hate,cause everyone who has tried or owned one that I know of,all say the same as me.They are junk overpriced fad fashion mtb fork.

Wen I had mine,I never felt such a garbege sticking fork in my life.

Then again,the power of technology and R&D sometimes PAYS OFF.

Maybe it has with the new one.I'd hope so,maybe invest all the money they made from a 1500+ suspension fork that didn't work.

People buy em,cause the race teams use em.Simple as that,oh and they look good.

Every guy with one I knew,were selling em,and all the guys say the same,best fork ever never used or barelly.

Why cause it sucks and everyone goes back to the tried and true boxxer.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Why so much hate,cause everyone who has tried or owned one that I know of,all say the same as me.They are junk overpriced fad fashion mtb fork.

Maybe it has with the new one.I'd hope so,maybe invest all the money they made from a 1500+ suspension fork that didn't work.

Every guy with one I knew,were selling em,and all the guys say the same,best fork ever never used or barelly.

go back to 2004.

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229038

obviously you know what you are talking about when it comes to the NEW Dorado's!!!!:thumb:

I would not buy one either, Fox 40 or Boxxer for me, but with the new Dorado I heard nothing but great things other than the price. But then again I have been around and not getting back into DH!!

EDIT: would not buy based on price, sponsored or not that is out of my price range.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
I think most people who hate dorados never had them. I had a pair and I thought they were way better than the boxer at the time and the boxer with the mojo cartridge. A bit flexy but the damping was far superior and i never had a problem with them. I had the last gen of the tpc ones. I'd love to have another pair and might by a pair in the future but i just couldn't stretch to them and bought boxer teams instead. If I had the cash to go for them I would have bought them instead of a boxer world cups without a doubt.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229038

obviously you know what you are talking about when it comes to the NEW Dorado's!!!!:thumb:

I would not buy one either, Fox 40 or Boxxer for me, but with the new Dorado I heard nothing but great things other than the price. But then again I have been around and not getting back into DH!!

EDIT: would not buy based on price, sponsored or not that is out of my price range.

Would you like one with the dorado on it for you ??? just for you.

oh hai pos fork

http://is.pinkbike.com//photo/498/pbpic498461.jpg

P.s I'd advise you to re-read wat I wrote.I never said enything about the new one,but if its like enything like the old one,that looks perdy much the same just with some new cool graffix and colors ;)

greatwhite

Chimp
Jan 23, 2009
P.s I'd advise you to re-read wat I wrote.I never said enything about the new one,but if its like enything like the old one,that looks perdy much the same just with some new cool graffix and colors ;)
Yay for visual performance analysis! :rolleyes:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Yeah like every other new fork on the market.
Boxxer rebuild, FOX rebuild, Marzocchi rebuild.

The fork is withing $100 of others on the market as far as MSRP goes....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Would you like one with the dorado on it for you ??? just for you.

oh hai pos fork

http://is.pinkbike.com//photo/498/pbpic498461.jpg

Didn't know x-ray worked also online and on pictures ;)

Love the bike though I'm really not sure If I like the black or team legends more...

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
Brandon and Buells,
you guys better just send me one as well as the short travel 4x bike to hold on in case the team needs back ups. I promise i wont beat on them too badly