Quantcast

Team Lummox Report

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Greg placed 2nd in the series. Don't know his race result though. Both Ann and Greg were awesome.]

Jordon placed 3rd, had a great run.

I placed second in the series. I put forth NO effort in the race. I have a damn cold so I just coasted down.

The course was awewsom on race day, at least from my viewpoint v. practice day. The course was SUPER technical, and made for a fun ride if you wanted to freeride. However, I think it was a bit overboard for a race course. Either way you look at it, it was at Snowshoe, AND, it was awesome!

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Thanks Guys! Moving on up now, time to take on the ametuer class next year.

Greg ended up 9th in the race and won second for the series.

Good healing vibes for Heather in the ametuer women's class after what I hear was a nasty wreck on the DS course and an extremely painful race on Sunday in order for her to win the series. Hope she heals up quick and I'm looking forward to racing her next season.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Got my ass handed to me. That course showed me how out of shape I've let myself get. It was the most physically challeging race courses I have ever seen. Just shows me that I need to get busy this winter and get in shape. Had a good time though, big thanks to the SS crew for another great race

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
So that explained the look on your face at the bottom. :brow: :brows:
Yeah that may be part of it. I didnt carry enough speed into the up hill and had to jump off the bike and push from the last water bar to the rock garden I was so out of breath I didnt even bother trying to get back on the bike, I just pushed all the way thrugh the rock garden. I lost alot of time with that little f-up.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Yeah that may be part of it. I didnt carry enough speed into the up hill and had to jump off the bike and push from the last water bar to the rock garden I was so out of breath I didnt even bother trying to get back on the bike, I just pushed all the way thrugh the rock garden. I lost alot of time with that little f-up.

Humm got off the bike and pushed - that sounds like no fun -

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
I dont really know who any of you are but maybe youll reconize my bike i had a gt ruckus hardtail. I got 12th i think in intro 17 under. It was awsome weekend. Ill definitly be back next year.

Robusto

Monkey
I dont really know who any of you are but maybe youll reconize my bike i had a gt ruckus hardtail. I got 12th i think in intro 17 under. It was awsome weekend. Ill definitly be back next year.
Hey, Im the kid who was riding the red Ironhorse... whats up? I think I got 10th or something. I wrecked pretty bad on my race run off the second to last rock drop on quickdraw... so I lost about 40 seconds there probably. Oh well, it was a great weekend.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
Greg placed 2nd in the series. Don't know his race result though. Both Ann and Greg were awesome.]

Jordon placed 3rd, had a great run.

I placed second in the series. I put forth NO effort in the race. I have a damn cold so I just coasted down.

The course was awewsom on race day, at least from my viewpoint v. practice day. The course was SUPER technical, and made for a fun ride if you wanted to freeride. However, I think it was a bit overboard for a race course. Either way you look at it, it was at Snowshoe, AND, it was awesome!
your a punk

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Damn trailbuilders at Snowshoe!!!!

They laid out a course that was like crack. I couldn't put down the pipe. I rode from 10 to 3 Saturday with only a break for a Clif bar and saved nothing for Sunday. I was hurting so bad Sunday I got my arse handed to me in the race.

Soo fun!!!

Mike

Jun 11, 2004
Damn trailbuilders at Snowshoe!!!!

They laid out a course that was like crack. I couldn't put down the pipe. I rode from 10 to 3 Saturday with only a break for a Clif bar and saved nothing for Sunday.
Same here......that course was soooo sick........couldn't stop riding Saturday until I nearly killed myself one run from fatigue around 2:45pm.

Good times for sure............

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Buddy I came with and I snagged 13 runs on Saturday in just under six hours. We were near totaled out Sunday morning.

One of you guys just get a DHI? I talked to somebody who was - I thought - in a lummox jersey about my DHI but didn't think to ask about a RM handle.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Yea, we VB monkies aren't "special" enough to be part of Team Lummox.

I am still finding irony in this since my nickname for the last decade has been "the Lummox" from Ren and Stimpy.

On this note, I declare a Jihad against Team Lummox via the VB monkies and the Fat Ass In Charge.

Jihad dirka dirka.

now give me a fuVcking jersey

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Buddy I came with and I snagged 13 runs on Saturday in just under six hours. We were near totaled out Sunday morning.

One of you guys just get a DHI? I talked to somebody who was - I thought - in a lummox jersey about my DHI but didn't think to ask about a RM handle.

That would be Dennis Jensen aka. Denjen.

John M

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
S/E Mich (pancake)
Good healing vibes for Heather in the ametuer women's class after what I hear was a nasty wreck on the DS course and an extremely painful race on Sunday in order for her to win the series. Hope she heals up quick and I'm looking forward to racing her next season.
Thanks for the "vibes" I will send them along. She is doing much better, still very very sore. But she IS one tuff B!*ch, she hopes to be back on the bike for our trip to Windrock in Oct.- JM

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA

Yep thats me. Good to meet you and see somebody else on a DHi, they are great bikes.

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
you had a cold? that is the worst excuse ever.

my wrist is alright, i guess.
Greetings fellow user of the mid-mountain aid station - glad to hear your wrist isn't broken. You gotta ride in the back of the truck next time -- it makes the trip more interesting.

First trip to SS all season, and I slide out and earn a sprained ankle on my second Sunday morning run -- AND IT WAS NOT EVEN RAINING!!! :banghead:
But overall, between the beer and BBQ on Saturday in between runs and the challenging course (while I was still riding) made it a good way to spend a weekend...