Quantcast

Team Monster Ironhorse

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
We know that the Team Monster Ironhorse will have Sam and Brandon as riders.

Of course they will ride a Sunday (with or without geometry updates - only good and ska todd know -) but what components will they use 2008?

Any news or will the sponsors be the same as 07?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I heard they were going to poat their frames on ride monkey and ask: "Please help me to spec my bike."

It is unconfirmed at this time if they will provide a "here are the parts I am considering" list for monkey approval.

Sam is particularly concerned that his use of wide bars and low bottom bracket are bad after reading here that the Sunday was too low to ride in the woods and that 30" bars can't possible fit through the trees.

When done, the team will post a "critique my ride" thread to get more feedback and ask how to shave an extra 1/2 gram off the build.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
I heard they were going to poat their frames on ride monkey and ask: "Please help me to spec my bike."

It is unconfirmed at this time if they will provide a "here are the parts I am considering" list for monkey approval.

Sam is particularly concerned that his use of wide bars and low bottom bracket are bad after reading here that the Sunday was too low to ride in the woods and that 30" bars can't possible fit through the trees.

When done, the team will post a "critique my ride" thread to get more feedback and ask how to shave an extra 1/2 gram of the build.
Good Idea, a lot of us will have good ideas on making Sam's bike even better:imstupid::

I start: Iwould love to see the team on formula brakes

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
... Sam is particularly concerned that his use of wide bars and low bottom bracket are bad after reading here that the Sunday was too low to ride in the woods and that 30" bars can't possible fit through the trees.

When done, the team will post a "critique my ride" thread to get more feedback and ask how to shave an extra 1/2 gram of the build.

LOL...

:biggrin:

Wait... I'm ONE of those guys... damned weight-weenie tendencies.
:)

rowlands

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
i heared that sam is going to run helium in his tires and a magnesium frame for extra weight savings

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
would love to see them on fox, but marzocchi? really?

but mroe importantly, does that pic of dave have anything to do with easton bringing back the cully pedal? :D pls say it does.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
E-13 has a new longer direct mount stem to work better with slack head angles.

Here is a spy picture of the new Hannebrink for that Worldwide Cycle (IH's parent company) is distributing. It's a risky proposition to get off the Blackbox program after it has worked so well, but I've heard rumors that some pretty outlandish things happen in Hannebrink's HottBoxx Program

I've also heard rumors of a superlight 24" wheeled Hannebrink bike too. Code Named Stallion. Should be around 20lbs and perfect for the Kamikazee

Jacey likes to do biomedical research in the off-season, and has cloned Colin Bailey from pubes he found on Voreis's couch, and will be using his stem-cells to try to rehab Cully's wrist.

I believe he patented the Hill Genome in August, and it appears that the first line of available Hill-derived products will be patches for "male enhancement".

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A

I know this question belongs in the old full sus frames tread but is that really an Iron Horse? It looks like a Sintesi Bromont to me with Iron Horse stickers on it. I know this hails from the era of if we don't have a bike that will do we'll use someone elses and put our stickers on it. Eg mongoose badged Intenses etc.

Back on topic.

If they have ditched sram and are on shimano with maybe hayes/manitou. I can't wait to see all the Sam Hill fanboys switch over there'll be lots of nice kit up on ebay. Just like how all the UK Steve Peat fans flooded ebay with cheap oranges when he made the move to Santacruz

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I know this question belongs in the old full sus frames tread but is that really an Iron Horse? It looks like a Sintesi Bromont to me with Iron Horse stickers on it. I know this hails from the era of if we don't have a bike that will do we'll use someone elses and put our stickers on it. Eg mongoose badged Intenses etc.

It's called a Sintesi Bromont as that's the frame Cullinan won the '92 worlds on.... in Bromont.

Kona, Diamondback and a few other folks marketed the same frame.

Verlicchi built them, I do belive. And man, did they ever crack for the team that rode them. You are certainly looking at a re-manufactured front end in that picture, for instance.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
I was thinking it was one that and the Sintesi Bazooka where the frames to have when I first started riding. More so the Bazooka but if you couldn't afford one you had someones handme down rewelded Bromont frame with some magura hs33 brakes

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
would love to see them on fox, but marzocchi? really?

but mroe importantly, does that pic of dave have anything to do with easton bringing back the cully pedal? :D pls say it does.
Some Sponsors on their website are listet, but SRAM, Avid and Rockshox are missing, maybe there will be some Changes, hopefully not to Zocchi, a 888 can slow even Sam down.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
It's called a Sintesi Bromont as that's the frame Cullinan won the '92 worlds on.... in Bromont.

Kona, Diamondback and a few other folks marketed the same frame.

Verlicchi built them, I do belive. And man, did they ever crack for the team that rode them. You are certainly looking at a re-manufactured front end in that picture, for instance.
I worked for cully/iron horse in 92', he did not ride that frame until the winterpark national, he rode an actual iron horse/hanebrink trainwreck until he just could not do it anymore. Pat Mac (current head of sports marketing at Oakley) who also rode for the team (XC) was fired for taking off his hanejunk fork because the thing broke in every XC race he entered...but cully was putting IronHorse on the map so he got away with it.

This photo is from the durango finale (weekend after winter park). That frame cracked at weekends end, but he luckily did not break any front ends or swingarms 2 weeks later when he won the worlds in bromont.

I worked for team IH in 93' we had 6 DH riders on the team and chose this frame again for the entire team, it held up pretty well for a huge team, I only recall going through about 6 frames that entire season-people were smooth back then.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Well, they're still racing on Boxxer Black Box World Cup fork... so I doubt that SRAM would let them run the Boxxer/Vivid, and Shimano Components. That wouldn't make sense.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon

When done, the team will post a "critique my ride" thread to get more feedback and ask how to shave an extra 1/2 gram off the build.
Your attitude needs serious adjustment. I hope your sponors read your posts.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Well, they're still racing on Boxxer Black Box World Cup fork... so I doubt that SRAM would let them run the Boxxer/Vivid, and Shimano Components. That wouldn't make sense.
Well, Rock Shox isn't on the sponsor page, so they may be switching. This is the offseason, afterall.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Yeah, I hear Team America has very strict guidelines.
If they read his posts maybe they won't allow to pay money out of his own wallet to travel to races.:rofl:

Indeed, a trade team with a name inspired by a cult movie, styled after Top Gun, and sporting the logo 'Find the Loophole' on their official jersey in reference to UCI rules clearly shows members of the cycling industry have no sense of humor.

and in the words of another 'sponsor': "Dude, that's the funniest thing I've read all day."

You might be surprised how many industry people read RM and never post. the entertainment value alone is worth their time.

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
Indeed, a trade team with a name inspired by a cult movie, styled after Top Gun, and sporting the logo 'Find the Loophole' on their official jersey in reference to UCI rules clearly shows members of the cycling industry have no sense of humor.
:clapping:

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts

and in the words of another 'sponsor': "Dude, that's the funniest thing I've read all day."

You might be surprised how many industry people read RM and never post. the entertainment value alone is worth their time.
and what movie is that? Team America World Police is nothing like top gun. Hot Shots however....:)

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
and what movie is that? Team America World Police is nothing like top gun. Hot Shots however....:)
Come one Luke, pay attention to the comas. they indicate separate items in a list:
1) Named after a colt movie (Team America World Police)
2) Styled after Top Gun (the jersey graphic is a shameless copy)
3) "Find the Loophole" (a tongue-in-cheek reference to getting around the new UCI rules by following them precisely)

take the coma out and it would read 'named after a cult movie styled after top gun', in which case, yes, you'd be correct.

Sorry if this offends you Tootrikky but Luke knows it's all in good fun. We've been teammates in the past and share a common interest in the inhaling of toxic fumes and painting helmets(he's just much better at the latter than I). Heck, we've probably even seen each other naked.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Come one Luke, pay attention to the comas. they indicate separate items in a list:
1) Named after a colt movie (Team America World Police)
2) Styled after Top Gun (the jersey graphic is a shameless copy)
3) "Find the Loophole (a tongue-in-cheek reference to getting around the UCI rules by following them precisely)

take the coma out and it would read 'named after a cult movie styled after top gun', in which case, yes, you'd be correct.

Sorry if this offends you Tootrikky but Luke knows it's all in good fun. We've been teammates in the past and share a habit of inhaling toxic fumes and painting helmets(he's just much better at the latter).
this sounds like something you're trying to explain to pinkshirt. :busted:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
i can't tell if you are being literal, sarcastic, or stupid:huh:

I'm guessing literal, in which case the loophole is found next to Waldo.
Where's Waldo, can you find him?

Also, it's been a pleasure completely derailing this thread with you