Quantcast

Team Ridemonkey.com wins MS rookie team of the year

I'm so proud of you guys!! Thanks to everyone who came to CT last June to ride with us in the MS Bike Tour.

Last night, I was surprised to win the Rookie Team of the Year (yeah, I know IAB have been riding it for years - but this year WAS a new team and the largest we've had). Registration is almost open for 2009 and I want this to be even bigger and better!! Thanks to those who particpated and donated!!

I Are Baboon
BadDna
WoodsGuy
QuoFan
BigT
MMcG

and the rest of the nonMonkey Gang!!

and next year I want to see more of you:
Splat
Douglas
TreeSaw
Squearl
IrishBlue73
badcrumble
Jackson

help me add to the list so I remember who to invite when registration opens!!

Last edited:

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Whoo hooo!

I'm in for the 100 miler this year, who's joining me?
Not me. 50 miles is about all I can take on a road bike. My legs, arse, back, hands, neck, and arms were hurting after last year. Granted it was the only road ride I did for over a year but still. 6+ hours on a road bike would be torture! I'll see you guys at the finish. :biggrin:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Not me. 50 miles is about all I can take on a road bike. My legs, arse, back, hands, neck, and arms were hurting after last year. Granted it was the only road ride I did for over a year but still. 6+ hours on a road bike would be torture! I'll see you guys at the finish. :biggrin:
Sounds like you might want to get the bike fit to you again. That and a few training rides. I'll be doing a few warm-up rides next spring, I'll be sure to include you all when I organize them.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Count me in with your 50 mile group woodsguy. We can start drinking those parking lot "stealth" beers while the century people are still out riding! :monkeydance:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Put on your big girl panties and quit making excuses. :cheers:
I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Sounds like you might want to get the bike fit to you again. That and a few training rides. I'll be doing a few warm-up rides next spring, I'll be sure to include you all when I organize them.
I think the fit is fine. Its the lack of riding road that was the problem. I guess we will see. I don't see getting too many training rides in tho. And the 100 mile group leaves at like 6am! It takes me 1.5 hours to get there so I would have to leave at like 4am!

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
hmmmm... i may be interested in doing it. i don't know about doing the 100, unless peer pressure takes over. either way, better break out the rollers and get busy!

splat

Nam I am
Kevin we will get you and MMcG in road shape by then, If a ride is worth doing it is worth doing it right!!! 100 Miles baby!!! Both of you

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
If this is the ride all of you did this year I was thinking about trying to get a demo bike to ride it with everyone next year. I ll probably be the only person there sport flat pedals. I ll also be pressuring Woodsguy to stick to the 50 miles. I dont think I ve even ridden a road bike never mind 100 miles on one.

Doing some training rides to prepare would just ruin the whole experience. :biggrin: