Quantcast

Team Rumourz

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Worthless, vital has all the dirt, this is just a bunch of old people this forum trying to stay relevant.

vital
FTFY.

Yah, cos clearly the RM servers are in danger of overloading with all the activity that's on here these days.. Don't see the issue with cross-posting. Half the stuff on here is a direct reference to Pinkbike content anyways. Take that away and what are you left with? Posting photos of e-motos??

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Surely he wouldn't have EWS points unless he's done some events? Unless he scores a wildcard entry or something (unlikely given Aus isn't holding a round next year)
It does seem like an unlikely move. Didn't realise that he'd already dabbled in the EWS , getting top 10s in 2016/2017 so it would seem he has the skills/fitness to switch disciplines.

Moir Enduro.png

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Worthless, vital has all the dirt, this is just a bunch of old people trying to stay relevant.

vital
Third post down some idiot is speculating with conspiracy theory level of stupidity his bullet pointed reasons for believing a local EWS rider is switching to a certain UK team.
Why?
Because said EWS rider's instagram story showed a glimpse of his best mate's sisters bike from a regular local group ride.

Think I'll stick with the OLD PEOPLE thanks.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I'm not making fun of the old people, I'm just saying this place isn't exactly buzzing w/ the most recent race rumors. And I stand by the e-moto.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Make fun of old people all you want. We have thick skin for a reason.
Hence shamelessly embracing Emoto ;)

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Oh you are definitely right about that. However there are very few other riders that has the mainstream reach and appeal that he has.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
It's a cool video, but the first I've ever heard of him. Was his last video on a hardtail with a monster t?
Wibmer is from Tyrol, Austria. Street trial wunderkind, that got hooked by the beginnings of Macaskill.
Insanely skilled, takes a lot of risk and produced some of the best and most clicked videos in resent years
I‘d say he is the biggest name in europe in the whole mtb industry at the moment.
Especially if you want to be noticed by the kids. 3.8 milion followers on YouTube speak for itself.

His very first video four years ago blew up to 41 mio. views to this date.

And then he really blew up:

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Wibmer is from Tyrol, Austria. Street trial wunderkind, that got hooked by the beginnings of Macaskill.
Insanely skilled, takes a lot of risk and produced some of the best and most clicked videos in resent years
I‘d say he is the biggest name in europe in the whole mtb industry at the moment.
Especially if you want to be noticed by the kids. 3.8 milion followers on YouTube speak for itself.
Wibmer's Law was amazing and 3.8M followers is nothing to be sneezed at. But I think his style of riding is so niche that I wonder how much of this publicity translates into actual mountain bike sales. Danny Macaskill is the same. Don't even know what bike he rides but I'm sure he's responsible for a lot of kids around the world guzzling down Red Bull.

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
The snow scrub in the snow video is decent!
His riding is so loose and on the limit of control. the Lyon stairs was one of the biggest hucks to flat ever, no?

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
The snow scrub in the snow video is decent!
His riding is so loose and on the limit of control. the Lyon stairs was one of the biggest hucks to flat ever, no?
Jep. But I am still baffled that Boulala and Jaws did it on skateboards.

Wibmer's Law was amazing and 3.8M followers is nothing to be sneezed at. But I think his style of riding is so niche that I wonder how much of this publicity translates into actual mountain bike sales. Danny Macaskill is the same. Don't even know what bike he rides but I'm sure he's responsible for a lot of kids around the world guzzling down Red Bull.
You can be damn sure that all the kids want to have the same POC helmets, goggles and 5.10s as Wibmer. Can you imagine which bikes they want to ride? ;)
You can even see a lot of kids on the Inspired trial bikes around here riding skateparks.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
You can even see a lot of kids on the Inspired trial bikes around here riding skateparks.
Same here. You can count with one hand's fingers the Inspired bikes in Argentina, as they are pretty expensive for us and there isn't any official dealer. The used ones popping out every now and then are valued pretty high, and they DO sell.

Even Marino has been shipping some Inspired replicas to Argentina. A new style of riding evolved with Danny, and the kids are pretty stoked on it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

His very first video four years ago blew up to 41 mio. views to this date.

And then he really blew up:

oh him. i remember the snow video. but didn't remember his name. i guess mountain biking has entered the phase of riders getting by on web edits.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Jep. But I am still baffled that Boulala and Jaws did it on skateboards.

You can be damn sure that all the kids want to have the same POC helmets, goggles and 5.10s as Wibmer. Can you imagine which bikes they want to ride? ;)
Is that when you show them the 20" edits and say everything you are attempting can be done better on this bike for only $600 vs $2500?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
street riding > observed trials

I loved street riding back in Chicago. There was a solid, semi-talented group of bmx and mtb folks out there.