Team Rumourz

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
That's a wicked failure indeed.
Who's got the real crash story?
Massive seated 50/50?
Bit of shitty one, the rider crashed into a tree and the seatpost hit the trunk (the rider had already lost the bars and was over the back wheel) and it just snapped like that. I took that pic at the Trans BC enduro I did in 2018. The end of the top tube was bullshit sharp - like a broken bottle. It would have been horrific if that (or any other carbon frame) had ended up impaling the rider.

Yetis are getting more and more popular - the SB150 and 130 are both pretty legit Enduro race bikes, and the 165 and 140 would work just as well I reckon. I've just seen soooo many broken Yetis over the years and linkage play/problems. They're too expensive for that to even be an issue, and the warranty situation is shithouse as well over here.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
This is not normally something I would post, but I am old and salty and don't give a damn.
When our team rode for Yeti, we broke two of their bikes. A shattered swingarm on a 66, and a DH
bike that the rail area broke. It would have been no big thing except that they would not warranty either. I mean we
were a team that was given free Yeti jerseys to race in, and promoted the shit out of their brand, and when we
had an issue we were left out in the cold. Taking feelings out of it, as a business guy, it seemed totally strange
to me when right before this they had thanked our team for how many people we sent to a local dealer to buy their bikes.
So, needless to say, we moved on and that was the end of that.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
This is not normally something I would post, but I am old and salty and don't give a damn.
When our team rode for Yeti, we broke two of their bikes. A shattered swingarm on a 66, and a DH
bike that the rail area broke. It would have been no big thing except that they would not warranty either. I mean we
were a team that was given free Yeti jerseys to race in, and promoted the shit out of their brand, and when we
had an issue we were left out in the cold. Taking feelings out of it, as a business guy, it seemed totally strange
to me when right before this they had thanked our team for how many people we sent to a local dealer to buy their bikes.
No offense J, but last I checked, you and the rest of the team don't have "DDS" beside your names. So it's really no surprise they wrote you guys off. :thumb:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
No offense J, but last I checked, you and the rest of the team don't have "DDS" beside your names. So it's really no surprise they wrote you guys off. :thumb:
True story you will appreciate: One time Doug F dislocated his finger badly at a race, and they would not let him back on the lift until it was fixed. So he told me, "I let Andy pop my finger back into place since he is a Doctor and all....."
And I said, you know Andy just sells medical equipment right? And he said, well I do now.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
True story you will appreciate: One time Doug F dislocated his finger badly at a race, and they would not let him back on the lift until it was fixed. So he told me, "I let Andy pop my finger back into place since he is a Doctor and all....."
And I said, you know Andy just sells medical equipment right? And he said, well I do now.
Well, to Andy's credit, he didn't amputate the digit, so maybe we can give him an honorary MD.

In professional racing news, nice to see Pivot pick up Charre Morgan and apparently they're keeping Eddie Masters and Matt Walker, which seems like it will make for a solid team.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
In professional racing news, nice to see Pivot pick up Charre Morgan and apparently they're keeping Eddie Masters and Matt Walker, which seems like it will make for a solid team.
Morgane doesn't get much coverage but I remember seeing her winning Champs run and straight out the gate she was attacking on a different level to the rest of the field that day. I'd wager she's one of the most successful female flat pedal riders in both DH and Enduro as well, although given I can't name any others that's probably why.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

THIS IS UNSURPRISING NEWS!!!!!!!!

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Speaking of Yeti
Maybe a new DH bike is in the works?
How sick would it be having Rude race W.C again??
s1200_Richie.jpg

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Off season endubro training or Jack moving over to the darkside? No sponsor listed in the results either. :confused:
Jack's actually gotten top 10 EWS results in both EWS events he's done. I don't know what happened with the ride he had organized for 2020, but if that's fallen through then I reckon a few EWS teams would be glad to have him.

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Moir is an extremely entertaining rider to watch, I hope he gets on a team and bike that fits him well.

jimBOS

Chimp
Aug 15, 2009
Fun story. I still remember Jacks first race on a bike 2 sizes to big. He was fun/scary to watch in practice and won intermediate by 10 secs.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Moir to Enduro:

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Imagine kicking Moir to the curb and keeping that other guy Gwin insists om dragging with him everywhere he goes. Best of luck to Moir!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Imagine kicking Moir to the curb and keeping that other guy Gwin insists om dragging with him everywhere he goes. Best of luck to Moir!
Neko finished higher in the overall in 2019 than Gwin did. Neko was 25th, Gwin was 27th, Moir was 42nd. and Moir finished more WC's than either Gwin or Mulally in 2019.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
Neko finished higher in the overall in 2019 than Gwin did. Neko was 25th, Gwin was 27th, Moir was 42nd. and Moir finished more WC's than either Gwin or Mulally in 2019.
Not to mention, the unbelievable amount of things that Neko constantly does to improve the US Gravity Scene.
It blows my mind that he races a full schedule, and does everything else he does off the bike as well. I am not one to
blow smoke up someone's ass just because they are a World Cup pro, but Neko is the real deal when it comes to giving back to the sport he loves.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not to mention, the unbelievable amount of things that Neko constantly does to improve the US Gravity Scene.
It blows my mind that he races a full schedule, and does everything else he does off the bike as well. I am not one to
blow smoke up someone's ass just because they are a World Cup pro, but Neko is the real deal when it comes to giving back to the sport he loves.
not just the DH racing scene, but cycling in general. last 2 years he raffled off his world champs bike and gave all the money to Can'd Aid (which donates bikes to underprivileged kids)

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
not just the DH racing scene, but cycling in general. last 2 years he raffled off his world champs bike and gave all the money to Can'd Aid (which donates bikes to underprivileged kids)
BILL BRASKY!!

giphy (1).gif

Last edited: