Quantcast

Team Sho-Air Takes Two Wins at Round #2 of Pro UET

Oct 20, 2009
<p>The 22nd annual Sagebrush Safari in east San Diego County took place under warm blue sky’s Sunday and hosted round number two of USA Cycling’s Pro U.E.T. (Ultra Endurance Tour).</p><p>
Coming into the round, Monique Mata was carrying the number one plate, while Eric Bostrom came in ranked fourth based on his opening round finish in Arkansas. </p><p>
</p><p>
At the end of the day, it was a Team Sho-Air/Specialized sweep in the Men and Women’s Pro/Open fields as Eric Bostrom and Monique Mata took wins in their respective class. While U23 XC rider Brendon Davids played a supporting domestic role for the day eventually finishing second.</p><p>
</p><p>
In the men’s race, Bostrom’s teammate, 19 year old Brendon Davids played a huge support role throughout the day and eventually delivered a one two punch to the competition! And with his win, Bostrom now takes over the number one plate from Cannondale’s Tinker Juarez.</p><p>
“I can’t thank my teammate enough (Brendon Davids) commented men’s Pro UET winner Eric Bostrom. He got us a good gap early that we maintained until the finish. My equipment worked perfect from the Maxxis Crossmarks to my S-Works Epic 29, everything was flawless! I’m super happy to leave here with the number one plate and leading the series.”</p><p>
</p><p>
In the women’s race, Monique Mata showed why she is considered one of the best female endurance athletes in North America as she won her second straight Pro UET race by over twenty three minutes. Sarah Jansen took a well-earned second place finish, while Tonya Bray (MTBchick.com) rounded out the podium in third.</p><p>
</p><p>
“It was a tough race due to the heat, but my S-Works 29 Epic and team performed perfectly this weekend.” commented Monique Mata from the podium.</p><p>
</p><p>
Next up for Team Sho-Air/Specialized is round #3 of the Pro UET series taking place on June 3rd in Big Bear, CA. The team looks to defend both its series leads.</p>

More...