Quantcast

Team Voncooper @ Highland GES #5

willem

Monkey
Jan 29, 2005
Highland Mountain Bike Park has set the bar for race events on the East Coast. Stop number five on the Gravity East series was one of the best tracks to date and really showed how hard the HMBP crew had been working. The Dual Slalom had many riders saying this was the best track they had ridden. The amount of time and effort that went into this killer DS track was unmistakable.

The DH track was a combination of tight turns, a lot of braking bumps and plenty of pedaling. Bigger more powerful riders really shined on the course as the track went from steep to flat and it was all about carrying speed. Many members of the team pounded their way into top fives and had finishes that turned heads.

Fastest time on course-

2:40

Fastest Pro-

Ben Moody

Fastest CAT1-

Neil Snyder

Tire of Choice for track-

Low Pressure Maxxis Minion

Celebrity sightings-

Shaums March

Kyle Ebbet

Ben Moody (Local Celebrity)

PRO MEN-

2nd Chris Higgerson

Big Higg may be the most consistent rider on the East Coast. He proves this week in and week out with his naughty skills and results.

5th Luke Snyder

Luke was aiming for gold his first run but, on the last corner the SRAM banner in the middle of the course had other plans. On a rerun, a shot Luke tapped a top 5.

13th Willem Cooper

Willem had a sick run going but the SRAM banner set up the booby trap, bringing Willem to a grinding holt. Willem didn’t want to try his luck with a re-run and took a 13th.

CAT 1-

30-39

1st Neil Snyder

This BAMF killed it with skills and monster truck power. He had the fastest CAT 1 time two GE races in a row. Not bad for an OLD man construction worker!

6th Donnie Roberts

The DS track really drained Donnie the night before and he put down a solid 6th in what may end up being the toughest class in the series.

0-18

4th Jake Baxter

He still managed to pull together a fast run and threw down a 3:10.

6th Hunter Budd

Hunter was trashed from DS and took an easy run down the course netting him a 6th.

CAT 2

0-18

7th Greg Zlotnick

This was one of Greg’s strongest results for the season. Keep on pace and a win is on the way.

19-29

8th Dustin Foundry

Dustin couldn’t resist keeping his kit clean and decided to get out the face shovel and eat some dirt. He still pulled it together and threw down a 3:20.

Womens-
CAT 2-
1st Becky Bagley

This is two in a row for Becky. Way to kill it!!

Video: http://www.pinkbike.com/video/87806/#top

Thanks sponsors!

Team Voncooper
Mongoose
Mt. Snow VT
Five Ten
e13 components
Smith Optics
Maxxis Tires
Ernie's Cycle Shop
Squirt Chain Lube
Nema
Division26

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
Highland Mountain Bike Park has set the bar for race events on the East Coast. Stop number five on the Gravity East series was one of the best tracks to date and really showed how hard the HMBP crew had been working. The Dual Slalom had many riders saying this was the best track they had ridden. The amount of time and effort that went into this killer DS track was unmistakable.

The DH track was a combination of tight turns, a lot of braking bumps and plenty of pedaling. Bigger more powerful riders really shined on the course as the track went from steep to flat and it was all about carrying speed. Many members of the team pounded their way into top fives and had finishes that turned heads.

Fastest time on course-

2:40

Fastest Pro-

Ben Moody

Fastest CAT1-

Neil Snyder

Tire of Choice for track-

Low Pressure Maxxis Minion

Celebrity sightings-

Shaums March

Kyle Ebbet

Ben Moody (Local Celebrity)

PRO MEN-

2nd Chris Higgerson

Big Higg may be the most consistent rider on the East Coast. He proves this week in and week out with his naughty skills and results.

5th Luke Snyder

Luke was aiming for gold his first run but, on the last corner the SRAM banner in the middle of the course had other plans. On a rerun, a shot Luke tapped a top 5.

13th Willem Cooper

Willem had a sick run going but the SRAM banner set up the booby trap, bringing Willem to a grinding holt. Willem didn’t want to try his luck with a re-run and took a 13th.

CAT 1-

30-39

1st Neil Snyder

This BAMF killed it with skills and monster truck power. He had the fastest CAT 1 time two GE races in a row. Not bad for an OLD man construction worker!

6th Donnie Roberts

The DS track really drained Donnie the night before and he put down a solid 6th in what may end up being the toughest class in the series.

0-18

4th Jake Baxter

He still managed to pull together a fast run and threw down a 3:10.

6th Hunter Budd

Hunter was trashed from DS and took an easy run down the course netting him a 6th.

CAT 2

0-18

7th Greg Zlotnick

This was one of Greg’s strongest results for the season. Keep on pace and a win is on the way.

19-29

8th Dustin Foundry

Dustin couldn’t resist keeping his kit clean and decided to get out the face shovel and eat some dirt. He still pulled it together and threw down a 3:20.

Womens-
CAT 2-
1st Becky Bagley

This is two in a row for Becky. Way to kill it!!

Video: http://www.pinkbike.com/video/87806/#top

Thanks sponsors!

Team Voncooper
Mongoose
Mt. Snow VT
Five Ten
e13 components
Smith Optics
Maxxis Tires
Ernie's Cycle Shop
Squirt Chain Lube
Nema
Division26
sick congrats. haha... got video of scaat's crashes?

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
I have to say that over the years your videos are getting worse and worse. I know you want to promote your team, and that is great, but your videos used to be more about the event.

Way too much talking also... less talking, more riding.

Congrats on the results though, strong team.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Keep in mind that the videos he posts up are more or less just web edits. They don't receive nearly as much time for editing. And like Willem mentioned, he's gotta save something for the DVD's.

dhdad

Chimp
Sep 4, 2007
roxbury ny
Great review Willem!! I agree totally Highland has set the bar not only for racing but for east coast riding in general!! Nice vid too!!

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
Attitiash for me as well.

I opted for the Pats Peak race (as its only 15min away) and they said repeatedly that plans are in the works for to get pat's on the gravity east calender for '10. They have a really fun, fast, flowy track and everyone running it were really nice and stoked on the racing. Some of the marshals and lifties were even throwing down some bets on riders.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I have to say that over the years your videos are getting worse and worse. I know you want to promote your team, and that is great, but your videos used to be more about the event.

It's also geared towards the sponsors of Team Voncooper/Mongoose.

Last edited:

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut

And I bet your videos are fantastic!!

Keep in mind that willem doesn't just film at races, he also races pro, manages a team, and tries to keep up a large pit...getting a lot of shots as well isn't to easy