Quantcast

Team Voncooper Windham Race Report/ Video

willem

Monkey
Jan 29, 2005
In 2010 Windham Mountain plays host to the UCI WorldCup DH and Fourcross finals. This weekend riders got a sneak peak at some of the WC race course and sampled different sections which will be part of the Finals.

When Saturday morning practice came around, there was 5-10 inches of mud spread throughout the course. All berms looked as if a motocross race had just taken place; the shoots were flowing peanut butter mud and the course wrestled most riders onto the ground multiple times.

By Sunday a total of 11 inches of rain had fallen throughout the week.
Everyone on the team knew tire choice was crucial and most decided to run cut MAXXIS Wetscreams, while others stuck to Minions.

A total of 37 Pros registered to race this GES event; making the competition stacked more than ever.

Voncooper Results-
Luke Snyder PRO 6th
This was Luke's first time on a bike in 3 weeks after breaking toes at Plattekill. He put together a decent race run which netted him a top 10 result.

Chris Higgerson PRO 9th
Chris had the course dialed. On the way down the muddy course Chris had a few issues on his race run but still managed a 9th place with a stacked Pro field.

Willem Cooper PRO 33rd
Willem had a few issues in the race run and made love to a tree on the way down. This kept him out of top 10 and landed Willem a trip to the Windham EMT station.

Kyle Wolmer PRO DNF
Kyle had an off during practice that landed him a trip straight to the ER. Hopefully Kyle will be back in form by the next GES in Highland NH.

Neil Snyder CAT 1 30-39 1st
Neil is the newest member of Factory Voncooper. He posted the fastest CAT 1 time of 4:37; 3 Seconds faster then any other CAT 1 racer. Not only was this Neil's first race in DH, but only the second day on a brand new bike.

Donnie Roberts CAT 1 30-39 8th
After a few crashes in the mud, Donnie looked like he had just taken a mud bath at the local spa. Even with Donnie's this, he was able to pull together a top 10 in CAT 1.

Becky Bagley CAT 2 Women 1st
Becky won her class by 1:19 seconds. This was her biggest and best win to date. Congrats Becky!

Krishna Gaidhi CAT 2 19-29 5th
Ghandi struggled with the course like most the riders and put together a top 5 result.

Jake Baxter Cat 1 1-18 10th
Jake was found on the ground multiple times by photographers. He kept together and pushed to the finish for a 10th place with multiple beat downs from the muddy course.

See you at Highland in two weeks!

Video: http://www.pinkbike.com/video/85456/

Thanks sponsors!

Team Voncooper
Mongoose
Mt. Snow VT
Five Ten
e13 components
Smith Optics
Maxxis Tires
Ernie's Cycle Shop
Squirt Chain Lube
Nema
Division26

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
Your bro should race pro! (and when are you recruiting Jason?)
He works construction 70 hours a week and only rides one-two weekends a month. I don't think racing pro is something he's interested in for now.
As for Jason, I am trying to recruit him but he wants 401K, Bonus and Dental plan.:rofl:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
He works construction 70 hours a week and only rides one-two weekends a month. I don't think racing pro is something he's interested in for now.
As for Jason, I am trying to recruit him but he wants 401K, Bonus and Dental plan.:rofl:
and he wants enough "extra" product to sell on e bay!:rolleyes:

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
Thats freaking awesome !! Tell him a big Congrats, and get him up to Plattekill real soon ..But how do you get to race cat 1 when you have never done a DH race in the past, did he used to race back in the day ?

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
Thats freaking awesome !! Tell him a big Congrats, and get him up to Plattekill real soon ..But how do you get to race cat 1 when you have never done a DH race in the past, did he used to race back in the day ?
He raced bmx 13 years ago but never DH. Hes been riding mountain bikes for quite sometime between West Mtn. and Platty. Him and I have always said Platty is our home mountain.:D

He got to race CAT 1 because it was an oversight at registration. They may push him back to CAT 2 depending on USACYCLING.

Last edited:

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
He raced bmx 13 years ago but never DH. Hes been riding mountain bikes for quite sometime between West Mtn. and Platty. Him and I have always said Platty is our home mountain.:D

He got to race CAT 1 because it was an oversight at registration. They may push him back to CAT 2 depending on USACYCLING.
Just get him down to platty soon..thats dudes siCCCK:thumb: