Quantcast

Teanaway River trail

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Anyone ride this one lately? I was thinking about heading east if it rains but I heard they were logging the area sometime last year.

(EDIT)

Is it covered in snow right now?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Check with the ranger station over there....call or email. I forget their wesite.

I think it is the CleElum Ranger district/station/whatever.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I assume you are talking about the West Fork Teanaway trail? Not the Middle Fork?
Chances are very high that you won't even be able to drive to the trailhead yet due to snow. Remember that the trailhead is at about 2,700 feet if I recall and also in a shady canyon so the snow melt will take a while.
Also, both trails will have high water for some time as well this year.
Long story and a few who were on that trip will remember a Memorial Day weekend ride down Way Creek trail to Middle Fork that became a sustained belay across the river at just about ever corossing all the way down. Hmmm,I wonder why I brought that bundle of rope with me on a "XC" ride? ;)

BTW: Mikki Douglass, Dh'er extrodanaire is at the Cle Elum RS now too and she's probably going to be heading out on the moto soon to start logging out as the snow melts.

I would be thinking that this will be "ridable" in July. going over in late May to ride some of the lower stuff and will follow up then.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yep, the lowest trail in that area is probably N. Fk Taneum and that will have snow until at least June.
I'll be pinging the locals over there and I expect lower stuff to "start" opening up mid May. I know people that are driving to Tri-Cities and Yakivegas for dry riding right now. the Sage trail outside Wenahoochee "might" be snow free right now.
This is also a good time to head to the rain shadow up north and hit Fort Ebey, ACFL, Metcalf or join Skooks and JLantz for a ride on Orcas this weekend. Usually a lot drier up there.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Everything starts out around 2300 or so, you may be jumping the gun a bit...

If you're looking for an adventure/possible short ride just to get out to the sticks it might be worth trying.

If you go, make sure you give us a ride report, i haven't even been thinking about those trails over there myself, until we get a warming trend....

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Yeah, I know I'm kinda jumping the gun. I don't know if I'm quite ready for a Skooks ride. I need to ride more and my "light duty" bike still needs a few mods to make it more climb-worthy. I appreciate the input though. I've just been jonesin' to get out for a good day and to get some pics too. I'll keep browsing the trail boards to see if I can find anything decent. Have a good weekend yall!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Bullitrider said:
Yeah, I know I'm kinda jumping the gun. I don't know if I'm quite ready for a Skooks ride. I need to ride more and my "light duty" bike still needs a few mods to make it more climb-worthy. I appreciate the input though. I've just been jonesin' to get out for a good day and to get some pics too. I'll keep browsing the trail boards to see if I can find anything decent. Have a good weekend yall!
There are a ton of killer rides out by Cle Elum. Once the sun starts melting all this snow off and you want any advice drop me a pm. i think you could spend a whole summer riding trails in the greater Cle Elum area an have alot of memorable rides. Tanuem trails, Teanaway trails, Kachesse, Rat Pac, Miller, Jolly so much quality.... and just a little more than an hours drive off of 5.....

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Mmmmmm. What Skookum said. Lots and lots of good stuff in that area.
I'm hoping to hit it all this summer. Going to try to get some of the Rat Pac regulars to start riding a couple other good descents off the ridge that they probably don't know about too.

Too bad it will be another month or two before a lot of it is ridable.