S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
(smacks head)

OF COURSE!

...why didn't I think of this?!

Brilliant!

Wireless goggle roll-offs. Press a button on your grip - voila' - it rolls on it's own and clears your vision!

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Cool idea, but seems overkill when the Scott roll-off system is so easy to use.

Personally I think tear-offs should be illegal in DH unless they start making a short term bio-degradable version. I don’t have a problem with running a tear off to protect your goggle lens, but you should be required to dispose of them and not leave them on the trail.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
Cool idea, but seems overkill when the Scott roll-off system is so easy to use.

Personally I think tear-offs should be illegal in DH unless they start making a short term bio-degradable version. I don’t have a problem with running a tear off to protect your goggle lens, but you should be required to dispose of them and not leave them on the trail.
the goggle is designed with the speedview system in mind, so it has about 50% bigger viewing area than a roll off system, also water/grit cant get under the film.

and of course you can put the used film in the bin after, no trail deposit

Gridds

Monkey
Dec 18, 2008
Great Britain
No way, I was thinking of a system exactly like this the other day, now someone's actually done it!! Sweet!

Cool idea.... Personally I think tear-offs should be illegal in DH unless they start making a short term bio-degradable version. I don’t have a problem with running a tear off to protect your goggle lens, but you should be required to dispose of them and not leave them on the trail.
I agree with this man.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Interesting to see the 360° helmet cam idea crop up again. Either dirt weren't the first, or these guys were so impressed they stole the idea! :)

Sweet vid, quality choice of music. Anyone seen them for sale? What's the retail?

dan3631

Chimp
Jun 13, 2009
Sweet goggle system i hate when i get **** on my goggles and gotta wait until i hit a fireroad or flat section so i can take my hand off to pull a tearoff off!

i better be good for christmas!
found their video on youtube

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
The only part of that I think is any better than anyone else electronic system, is the remote mount.

Just to add to the conversation, if you use something like these, you want to run a tear off underneath the system that you put on with the goggles very clean. Helps keep the mud from getting in between the film and the lens.

blackspire

Monkey
Jul 19, 2007
Looks like a good idea, not that good looking though, but roll off systems generally aren't. It's cooler though seeing a pro MX-er ripping off a tear off in air :)

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Ditto.

Somebody needs to make a cellulose-based tear-off (think: clear rolling papers).