Quantcast

Tech customer support just sucks.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I haven't played xbox live in at least 6 months. They charged me again for another year and I'm trying to cancel it but I can't seem to remember my login info which I haven't used for years. I contacted support and this was their response:

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for writing to Windows Live ID Technical Support. I am saddened by the fact that you trying to cancel my Xbox live subscription but you do not remember the e-mail address that you signed up with. I know how important this service is to you and I am here to assist you.

If you do not know the e-mail address that you use to sign in to the Windows Live ID, I suggest that you contact someone whom you sent e-mail to and ask if that person knows your e-mail address.

If you cannot find your e-mail address, you can sign up for a new account by following the instructions below:

1. Visit http://account.live.com/
2. Click "Sign up for Windows Live!" link located at the left hand side of the page.
3. Click "Sign up" button.
4. Type the name that you want to use for your Windows Live ID or the e-mail address you would like to use. You may click "Check availability" to determine if your preferred sign-in name is available for registration.
5. Fill in the "Choose your password," "Enter password reset information," and "Your information" sections.
6. In the "Type Characters" box, type the characters that you see in the "Picture" box. For more information, click "Help Central" located at the bottom of the page. In the "Search for" text box, type "Match the characters in the picture."
7. Read the "Service Agreement" and the "Privacy Statement", and then click "I accept."

We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using Windows Live ID.

Sincerely,

Ana
Windows Live ID Technical Support
:huh:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Apparently un-registering for xbox live is like trying to get out of an AOL subscription.

I have always been able to get tech support from xbox live people on the phone. They are way less inept. The credit card number you are using should be more than enough to get it canceled.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Charge them with fraud....that'll get their attention....because, as Transend sid, they am inept...
It isn't fraud. Just like AOL you signed a contract that will self renew until you specifically call to get it cancelled. Then they just make it difficult on your to cancel, "forget" to give you ac onfirmation number etc.

They aren't AS bad as AOL, but it's moving that direction from what I udnerstand.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, to be more technical about it, this would vary from state to state...However, the basic gist of it is if you call and tell (insert name here) they are no longer authorized to use, withdraw or have on file your credit card information, they cannot legally withdraw or deduct funds from said card.

That's not to say however, that the contractual obligations are or are not met. That would depend on the type of contract.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I'm quite sure that Aaron is capable of figuring out how to cancel the subscription via his credit card company.

That response from tech support, however, is HILARIOUS :rofl:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I'm quite sure that Aaron is capable of figuring out how to cancel the subscription via his credit card company.

That response from tech support, however, is HILARIOUS :rofl:
Aaron's capabilities never even entered into it...:rolleyes:

However, the fact others have had similar types experiences, the information contained hereon could prove to be helpful.