Quantcast

Techno-people, i need your help

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i have some footage on one of those little dvds from a dvd video camera, but i can't figure out how to import it to windows movie maker. i keep getting this message:

"The file E:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker."

im pretty sure its an avi. file, so i dont see why its not working. any ideas on how to maybe get it into a folder like my documents before trying to import it or something? :help:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As far as I know, a VOB is a dvd file. You need a codec that supports dvd for windows. The camera may have a setting to save video as avi or another supported format.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i have some footage on one of those little dvds from a dvd video camera, but i can't figure out how to import it to windows movie maker. i keep getting this message:

"The file E:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker."

im pretty sure its an avi. file, so i dont see why its not working. any ideas on how to maybe get it into a folder like my documents before trying to import it or something? :help:
I'm guessing that there is no way to keep the DVD in the camera and import it through firewire/USB 2?