Quantcast

Technology?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I keep seeing all these technology related threads and I wonder to myself. I don't have all the latest electronic dohickeys (mp3 player, cellphone, gps, xbox, etc.) Nor do I really care too. I program and run computer simulations for a living so in my off time / free time I want to be as far away from anything digital as possible, i.e. on a bike in the woods.

Am I making a personal statement or am I just getting old like my parents?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
no, seriously... techno-toys are directly related to testosterone. It's not just that guys like technology due to environment, but also genetics.

link

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
im also in with the less is better crowd. I dont have an MP3 player, or a game console, I JUST (as in last week) got a cell phone. The only cool piece of electrowizzardry that I have is a GPS which I use for biking and geocaching. I spend all day staring at a computer screen and working on mircrochips. The LAST thing I want to do is play with this crap when I get home

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
luken8r said:
The only cool piece of electrowizzardry that I have is a GPS which I use for biking and geocaching.

I must admit that I did ask for a GPS for Christmas, but that really goes along with the whole getting lost in the woods thing doesn't it?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I also don't own a cell phone or a game console or an MP3 player. I am a software engineer and spend my off hours turning wrenches on my truck, or bike, or dirt bike. I also like to spend time in the woods riding said bikes as well. I live in the country away form the "big city" and enjoy not being too geeked out at times. I have friend that are geeks and I have friends whole are outdoors/gear head types as well.

But I am installing a Mac Mini in my truck this spring, so I'm a little geeky at time :D