Quantcast

Telescoping seat posts...Who makes a 27.2??

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I'm looking for a telescoping seat post. Unfortunately, it's for a bike that needs a 27.2. The only brand that I've found so far that make a 27.2 is Axiom. Any input on this company? I'm not really familiar with it and it seems like nobody in the USA carries them. Any canadian monkies have access to them?? Any input on the axiom or any other brand would be very appreciated.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i think axiom is the house brand of Norco, but i could be wrong. never used anything from them, but i've recalled people liking their pedals ok.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
That gravity dropper thing looks pretty cool. It is pretty pricey, but if it works it seems like a good idea. Maybe my shop can get ahold of one for me. The titec, so far as I could tell, doesn't come in a 27.2. I wondered if axiom was affiliated with norco, and I guess they are after checking out the norco page. I don't think there are any norco dealers around here. Hmmm. Decisions Decisions. I may check out the gravity dropper thing. Anyone have any ride time on one??

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
DH Diva said:
That gravity dropper thing looks pretty cool. It is pretty pricey, but if it works it seems like a good idea.
Yah pricey an understatement... But for trail riding it might be a good seat, but 3 inches isn't really very much for real gnarl downhill/freeride/jump stuff. i dunno, just alot of cash to drop down for something you're not sure you'd like. :p

Polytics

Chimp
Mar 28, 2005
Vancouver, BC, Canadistan
As far as I'm aware, with the exception of the gravity droppers, there are no telescoping seat posts smaller then 30.0. This is for the simple fact that you need to be able to fit one seat post inside another, and not even an old school BMX 22.2 post will fit inside a 27.2

*shrugs* could be wrong.

I wonder if you couldn't make one using S&S Frame couplings(http://www.sandsmachine.com/). It wouldn't be quite as fast, but when you get to your descent you could quickly remove the middle section of your post and then couple your seat (and seatclamp) onto the rest of your post.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Polytics said:
As far as I'm aware, with the exception of the gravity droppers, there are no telescoping seat posts smaller then 30.0. This is for the simple fact that you need to be able to fit one seat post inside another, and not even an old school BMX 22.2 post will fit inside a 27.2

*shrugs* could be wrong.

I wonder if you couldn't make one using S&S Frame couplings(http://www.sandsmachine.com/). It wouldn't be quite as fast, but when you get to your descent you could quickly remove the middle section of your post and then couple your seat (and seatclamp) onto the rest of your post.
http://www.axiomgear.com/components_mountain_posts/pro_telescopic_seat_post.php

The Axiom comes in a 27.2.