Quantcast

Tell Eric I want my bike back!

Broke1

Chimp
Sep 21, 2004
Anyone that knows Eric Fletcher please tell him Isaiah wants his bike back! I traded him a full bike for a new rear shock which he told me he would get for me. Let him have my bike before recieving the goods ,this was last summer. Still no shock ,and he will not answer my calls. Hate to take this method.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
I believe that you are not the only case where this has happened. Same person same ordeal. Same sypmtoms.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Do not give or "sell" anything to Eric. He has swindled many people and shops. I don't see how he shows his face at events.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Why is it that MTB (BMX as well) always has a few shady guys who manage to swindle a bunch of folks? Seems like we're on a 3-4 year cycle in GA BMX of shady guys making the rounds.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
JeffD said:
Why is it that MTB (BMX as well) always has a few shady guys who manage to swindle a bunch of folks? Seems like we're on a 3-4 year cycle in GA BMX of shady guys making the rounds.
Crap, that means we're about due.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Peete said:
Crap, that means we're about due.
What was the last dude's name? Tommy Oglesby? Dude even bounced a check for a $300 Dingo frame I wrangled for Tim's broken neck benefit. Unfortunately, I never saw him again and Tim didn't want to file charges.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
JeffD said:
What was the last dude's name? Tommy Oglesby? Dude even bounced a check for a $300 Dingo frame I wrangled for Tim's broken neck benefit. Unfortunately, I never saw him again and Tim didn't want to file charges.
Oh wait. I forgot about the outgoing state comissioner.

Tommy bought up a bunch of bikes from Fat City and Bike Center with some bad checks as well.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
bizutch said:
Ok...I'm breaking a foot off in his ass if I catch up to him. Screwing Isaiah is crap. I'll hold his whiny little kid ransom for it. Seriously!

I didn't hear Isaiah's story although I have heard several others though. How does that one go?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Broke1 said:
Anyone that knows Eric Fletcher please tell him Isaiah wants his bike back! I traded him a full bike for a new rear shock which he told me he would get for me. Let him have my bike before recieving the goods ,this was last summer. Still no shock ,and he will not answer my calls. Hate to take this method.
Isaiah, what town does he live in? YOu can file charges with the local police, they'll go pick him up.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
bizutch said:
Isaiah, what town does he live in? YOu can file charges with the local police, they'll go pick him up.
That is so terrible to hear. I thought they were good buddies from the looks of it. How could you betray friends like that... :stosh:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
CharlieM said:
That is so terrible to hear. I thought they were good buddies from the looks of it. How could you betray friends like that... :stosh:
No doubt. Eric has always went out of his way to help me at races,
fixing my bike and what not. Then again, I never had any dealings with
him with transactions. Sad to hear.
Especially when you consider that the man drives his kid all over the country to race his bike. I hope this story has a happy ending like Jeff and Peete. :p

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Jeremy R said:
No doubt. Eric has always went out of his way to help me at races,
fixing my bike and what not. Then again, I never had any dealings with
him with transactions. Sad to hear.
Especially when you consider that the man drives his kid all over the country to race his bike. I hope this story has a happy ending like Jeff and Peete. :p
I'm afraid to touch that one :nuts:

Steven

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
North carolina
Eric did the same thing to me over the summer. I let Ethan borrow some body armor and try it on and Eric said he would call me about it the next day....Never heard from him. At the next race he had a ton of excuses and said that he will let me have a bunch of parts in trade for the armor. He never answered his phone or called me back.

I saw him riding at Sugar one day and I took one of his bikes as collateral, His new bighit, and he called me the next day. He traded me a complete bike for some body armor. I will never deal with them or hang out with them at the races.

Steven

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
North carolina
He works in construction hanging sheet metal, try calling some of the metal working places for his number. I know he was doing jobs for some of the new schools being built. I'll drive out to the school next week and see if I can find him.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Steven said:
Eric did the same thing to me over the summer. I let Ethan borrow some body armor and try it on and Eric said he would call me about it the next day....Never heard from him. At the next race he had a ton of excuses and said that he will let me have a bunch of parts in trade for the armor. He never answered his phone or called me back.

I saw him riding at Sugar one day and I took one of his bikes as collateral, His new bighit, and he called me the next day. He traded me a complete bike for some body armor. I will never deal with them or hang out with them at the races.
Hmmm. I could use a new DH bike. I have a smelly(not as bad as Jeff's) Rockgardn flak jacket I'll trade for an M-3.

Broke1

Chimp
Sep 21, 2004
It wouldn't have happened to be a Azonic bike he traded you. I've thought about doing the same thing the first time I see him, taking what ever bike he has with him.
Eric used to come up and ride with us about every weekend in the summer, but once the race season was over it's like he fell off the edge of the earth.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I like Steven. He's a smart handler of his business. Isaiah, I'd say you found yourself a bounty hunter. I say give him $50.00 as a collections agent and he can get your bike, if not Ethans.

Steven

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
North carolina
Eric traded me a Haro, for a Dainese full body suit. Also, I think my dad took down his license plate #, I'll see if he still has it when he gets home from work.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
Its so hard to believe because we are talking about a friend here. A man who we have looked up to. He's the kind of guy that most everybody got a long with. If you had a problem with your bike he was there wrenching on it 5 minutes before your start time.

Steven

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
North carolina
Can't find his license plate #, But, I do have a number that Eric gave me when i took his bike and he told me it was Ethans, Here it is. 250-5062. Hope that helps.