Quantcast

Tell me know what you all think

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
Here is the info on my new build let me know what you all think. What you would keep or change. Or any info you have about what I have listed.

Frame : Nemesis Project Death Mobile
Fork : Nemesis Project Marzocchi 4X, 65mm
Headset : FSA Impact Pro integrated 1 1/8"
Stem : Nemesis Project
Handlebars : Nemesis Project folsom prison bars
Grips : Animal Edwin
Bar Ends : Animal
Rr Brake : Avid BB7 160 mm
Brake lever : Dangerboy T-101
Saddle : SDG Bel-Air, Ti
Seat post : Thomson Elite
Clamp : Deity 1 B
Pedals : Atomlab Trailking
Cranks : Profile Race, ti spdl, euro 175mm
Chainring : Animal light 27t
Bash Guard : Animal V2
Chain : Shadow Conspiracy half-link
F Rim : Atom lab Pimp light
F Hub : Profile
Spokes : DT Competition
R Rim : Atom lab Pimp
R Hub : Profile
Tires : Tioga FS100 26 x 2.3

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
I don't have the frame yet or the parts. I will post some when I get the frame from brad. I just want to see what every one had to say.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
i thought the deathmobiles had a spanish bb.
the build sounds legit. why such a big gear?
you could save some $$ with more bmx stuff like seat/post/pedals/lever.

post pics when you have it

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
Stoked I was thinking about the Eccd Seat by fit. I will look into the bb thanks for the head up on that. If I went with a BMX lever what is a good one.

Edit: What do you mean by such a big gear ? I used to run a biger when I ran BMX. What would be a good size. Were I live there is a lot of hills to and from were I ride.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
you're dm is 26" right?
30/14 or 28/13 would be good. you can get the ratio's to feel similar to the 36t you had in your list, just with smaller chainwheels.

what brakes?
i dont know if the frame has v-brake/990/disc. if it's v brake, i suggest a tektro sabre lever. you can get a set for $15 (lever only) and they have a hinge which is awesome and rare for a v brake. any avid v lever would work also. the dangerboy lever was crazy expensive last i checked.

yea that fit seat is nice

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
The frame is 24" and is the first DM frame that brad is making with disc brakes. Would there still be good with 24" wheels 30/14 or 28/13.

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
Stoked brad just sent me a pm and sad that a 27-11or12 is the best with a DM. What do you think about that. What do you ride.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
looks on point.

realize that what I'm about to type is just my individual opinion and interpretation, but....

I'd say the animal bar ends and the deity post clamp are pretty unecessary. Look for lighter and simpler parts.

and with duece-quad all the way around, stick with the PimpLites, you'll already have a stout build with the smaller wheels. Same with the Tioga's, downsize those to 2.1 too, you don't need meats unless you're planning on drag racing. (good luck finding those FS100's in 24" too).
other lighter options to the TSC interlock chain out there now too...
I'd completely agree with Stoked, look elsewhere for a lever and seat, those are just way overpriced bling items for the abuse they will see...

Also, there is another disc Deathmobile out on the east coast, north carolina or something, saw that one almost a year ago. It's raw. I'd post some pics for ya' but I'm on a public computer atm.

keep us updated as this build carries on, post pics! :)

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
Hey BikeSATORI brad was the one that told me that was the frist one that he is go to make. When you get the time I would love to see it. As I sad I think I may go with the fit seat. I am going to try the 27 12 to see what it feels like. Were I live there are a lot of hills to ride to get from spot to spot.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Also, there is another disc Deathmobile out on the east coast, north carolina or something, saw that one almost a year ago. It's raw. I'd post some pics for ya' but I'm on a public computer atm.

keep us updated as this build carries on, post pics! :)
That other DM was 100% custom , Brian's bike is going to be the first production 10mm x 135mm Disk specific DM !!